Fan Network 2013

I'm sure people who own 8-tracks are saying the same thing.

:offtopic:

Maybe no an 8-track, but last weekend on the Anniversary day of RETURN OF THE JEDI's original theatrical release I watched the theatrical cut of the film on my Definitive Collection Laser Disc (which I will still argue is better than any DVD release of the original Star Wars trilogy, and for purists who hate the 'Special Editions' the Definitive Collection LD's are THE best home video release of the films - to be honest that release was the impetus for Lucas revisiting the films to add all of that extra stuff, as he cleaned up STAR WARS for the LD's, decided he wanted to add more crap, and then decided he wanted to do the Prequels. So, maybe those LD's are the devil...)

1, Ding.

2....and Laserdiscs, and Betamax, and 78s, and 3.5" floppies, and...

HD DVD (don't forget that fun footnote in the format wars)

FWIW, Betamax WAS the superior format to VHS, and Laserdiscs were better than the compressed DVD's that originally were released (though Blu-ray blows everything else prior out of the water).

What was edited from Regiment in 2008 ... my memory fails me ...

I believe a portion of the show after the intro. Then you had Madison in 2011. Cadets and Surf and who knows who else last year. Troopers a few years ago.

for the price of the dvd's, with nothing bonus, I stopped buying if it's going to be edit city, and it will only get worse before it gets better.

I believe a portion of the show after the intro. Then you had Madison in 2011. Cadets and Surf and who knows who else last year. Troopers a few years ago.

for the price of the dvd's, with nothing bonus, I stopped buying if it's going to be edit city, and it will only get worse before it gets better.

I do miss the "extras" that used to be included ... the guard and percussion angles, and the assorted video shorts too ...

• Like 1

I do miss the "extras" that used to be included ... the guard and percussion angles, and the assorted video shorts too ...

I loved the judges commentary on some of the prior DVD's....particularly the General Effect Music judge on Phantom 2006 when they finished Ave Maria - he said "I need a cigarette!" or something like that.

I can see why the guard specific camera didn't last. It's a section that has become so split up across the field during a performance that it's rarely ever a concise group to film. Perhaps the same with percussion outside of the filming of the pit which still brings nightmares to those of us who have screamed at the video recordings from '83 and '84.

I loved the judges commentary on some of the prior DVD's....particularly the General Effect Music judge on Phantom 2006 when they finished Ave Maria - he said "I need a cigarette!" or something like that.

That is exactly what he said. Hilarious! He was completely eating up that show. Then placed them behind Cavies. He also ate up Cavies show... but he was much more excited over Phantom. I mean.. it is my favorite Phantom show ever. Especially musically. Awesome stuff.

Somewhere, I have a recording of the live ( *sigh*) satellite feed of 92 Finals with tons of pre-show and in-between banter between Rondinaro and Curt Gowdy. (It's been 15 years since I watched it, so I don't really remember any specifics-- just that Goudy was pretty funny.)