Fan Network 2013

Watched it this weekend, too - hooked it up to the HDTV, and me and my kids had a pretty good time with it.

But I won't have the option to *buy* downloadable videos of that same free stream until August at the earliest. I'm just not convinced there's a real plan other than "that's how we've always done it."

Mike

• Like 1

Watched it this weekend, too - hooked it up to the HDTV, and me and my kids had a pretty good time with it.

But I won't have the option to *buy* downloadable videos of that same free stream until August at the earliest. I'm just not convinced there's a real plan other than "that's how we've always done it."

Mike

Oh, so you're saying they won't post 2012 finals on Live until 2013 finals? There is a logic to that, but I would think finals would make a good incentive for people to resubscribe in May; i.e. you get something immediately. Anyway, I've got semis.

Oh, so you're saying they won't post 2012 finals on Live until 2013 finals? There is a logic to that, but I would think finals would make a good incentive for people to resubscribe in May; i.e. you get something immediately. Anyway, I've got semis.

That's why I resubscribed: to watch finals at will. I was disappointed those performances were not available.

EDIT- This is no longer the case & I am watching my favorite shows from FINALS :-)

Edited by loopin' froot loops

That's why I resubscribed: to watch finals at will. I was disappointed those performances were not available.

EDIT- This is no longer the case & I am watching my favorite shows from FINALS :-)

Cool! Thanks for that info. And thanks to DCI for doing that.

Just got a Kindle Fire HD, happy to report that FN works FLAWLESSLY on it!

/HappyDance

• Like 2

If you own physical media, you have it for LIFE

Blu-ray players connected to the Internet can update firmware and (in theory) lock out previously playable discs. Pretty unlikely, but it's not impossible. I think it's happened unintentionally a few times thanks to bugs in new firmwares that locked out older, less popular (and thus untested) early Blu-rays, for example.

Also, you need a Blu-ray player and a TV that accepts its output to last your life as well. With the HDCP protection built into HDMI these days, it's also possible that future TVs might lock out certain older content as well. It's a dangerous world we live in.

Edited by skywhopper

It would be awesome if someone from DCI made a fan network app for the Roku. Apparently it is pretty easy and cheap (or free) to do. It would be the perfect way to watch shows on larger televisions without having to hook up a laptop or something similar.

• Like 1

It would be awesome if someone from DCI made a fan network app for the Roku. Apparently it is pretty easy and cheap (or free) to do. It would be the perfect way to watch shows on larger televisions without having to hook up a laptop or something similar.

this! :worthy:

I was able to watch both the archived shows and last year's Finals on my iPad (and my HDTV via AirPlay) during the free preview weekend. Would the upcoming live broadcasts work as well or would those still use Flash?

I think the live broadcasts still use Flash. As of last year, I was not able to watch those on an iPad.