Fan Network 2013

i did study Greek for several semesters but have not a clue of this geek-speak thrown around this thread. It is clearly not your father's drum corps.:blink:/>

Question: Do current fan network subscribers have access to last year's finals?

Yes. And using the HDMI from laptop to the big screen is great.

Oh my! Tell me more about HDMI. I got FN again. Next week is the first live stream. I usually sit at a desk with my laptop (during the summer my legs stick to the chair; maybe I'll try a pillow this year). Help me be a couch potato for the marathon live streams please : )

Oh my! Tell me more about HDMI. I got FN again. Next week is the first live stream. I usually sit at a desk with my laptop (during the summer my legs stick to the chair; maybe I'll try a pillow this year). Help me be a couch potato for the marathon live streams please : )

Well, it depends on both your laptop and your tv. Most newer TVs will have an RGB input. You can hook a VGA cable from the laptop to the tv, and you would also need a male to male audio cable for sound. Now, if you are REALLY lucky, your laptop has an HDMI out port. If so, that's all you need... HDMI from the laptop to the TV handles picture and sound. Full screen your video (you may need to use the Fn key to send the video to the tv and Viola! Large screen DCI goodness. (Watched everything last year on my 42", looked GREAT!)

• Like 2

I'm surprised no one's posted the APD schedule yet (or if they have, I haven't seen it.)

06/22/2013 Innovations in Brass - Akron, OH

06/22/2013 DCI West - Stanford, CA

07/06/2013 Drums Along the Rockies - Denver, CO

07/20/2013 DCI Southwestern Championship - San Antonio, TX

08/06/2013 Open Class Championship Finals - Michigan City, IN

08/08/2013 World Championship Prelims - Indianapolis, IN

Well, it depends on both your laptop and your tv. Most newer TVs will have an RGB input. You can hook a VGA cable from the laptop to the tv, and you would also need a male to male audio cable for sound. Now, if you are REALLY lucky, your laptop has an HDMI out port. If so, that's all you need... HDMI from the laptop to the TV handles picture and sound. Full screen your video (you may need to use the Fn key to send the video to the tv and Viola! Large screen DCI goodness. (Watched everything last year on my 42", looked GREAT!)

Did the HDMI thing a few weeks ago when they had 2012 Finals stream for free. Worked like a charm! I plan on doing live streams all summer now.

Mike

• Like 1

Did the HDMI thing a few weeks ago when they had 2012 Finals stream for free. Worked like a charm! I plan on doing live streams all summer now.

Mike

My friend did Semis through Air Play last year (I think) anyway.. it was awesome. We also went back and watched Blue Stars score announcement many, many times. But that is besides the point.

The picture quality is pretty #### good for the hi quality stream.

Dear DCI,

It's not too late to email me and tell me I can pay extra to watch finals. Otherwise, you make $0 on me and many others that way