Complete Crowd Silence

I've only watched live since '08, but I'll agree with the OP. You could hear a pin drop during that moment in '09 Crown.

thanks for agreeing!

during a show when the crowd was utterly silent,

The end of the last several years of Blue Devils when the crowd tried to figure out what had just been done to them and how it won......

• Like 6

I would have to add "Claire de Lune" performed by Phantom in 1994. The beauty was in its subtlety, and given that I heard it at the old Foxboro Stadium, not exactly a venue for such an intimate piece, yet it worked so well.

Name memorable moments during a show when the crowd was utterly silent, no coughing, screaming,talking, whistling.......nothing but the corp on the field. Usually this happens during the ballad or solos. I guess I should add I work as a overnight stocker and we're allowed mp3 players ipods, so to make the time go faster I listen to drum corps on my first night back from my weekend and the last day of my work for a solid 8 hours. I've got all the finals performances from 2008 to the present, The best one I can think of is Carolina Crown 2009 the Grass is Always Greener. A little after 9 and a half minutes into the show, just the vibes or pit is playing a few notes while the players on the field were frozen during a movement, during the Somewhere Over the Rainbow bit.

I personally find it amusing that one would speak of "complete crowd silence" as a good thing. In our day, we spoke of how loud the audience got. If the crowd was quiet, it usually meant you stunk.

Edited by alankarls
  • Like 2

I personally find it amusing that one would speak of "complete crowd silence" as a good thing.

The complete silence being spoken of in this thread is the kind that comes from a moment so captivating you stop everything you are doing for fear of disturbing what is going on. Holy **** moments begat thunderous applause. Beautiful moments command complete silence.

• Like 5

I personally find it amusing that one would speak of "complete crowd silence" as a good thing. In our day, we spoke of how loud the audience got. If the crowd was quiet, it usually meant you stunk.

I personally am a fan of "How loud can you get?" One of my favorite all-time shows in Madison's 1999 "Jesus Christ Superstar," but there is a difference between an awed silence based on performance and sitting on your hands because the show stinks, but hopefully even the lousy shows get an applause for effort.

• Like 3

. Beautiful moments command complete silence.

Thats what I was going for when I started this topic

• Like 1