class of 2013 WDCHOF

Guess I AM old now. I marched with two of these guys. Congratulations to Vic & Ray! Both of you have contributed so much to the activity, and, in different ways, continue to. I'll raise a glass to ya both tonight!

Thank you!

Congratulations to all - as always a great group of well-deserving people! Special congrats to friends Ray Fallon and Vic Kulinski!

THANK YOU!!

• Like 1

Thank you!

Ditto....

• Like 1

Guess I AM old now. I marched with two of these guys. Congratulations to Vic & Ray! Both of you have contributed so much to the activity, and, in different ways, continue to. I'll raise a glass to ya both tonight!

Your not THAT old !!!

Thank you.

Congrats to all! It was a kick to both have marched with and known Bobby Hoffman esp. Even BEFORE he became BOBBY HOFFMAN...great guy!

As for my boss, the inimitable Bobby Bellarosa, I couldn't be more pleased. Now he's in Buglers'HoF, Cadets HoF, and WDCHoF. Hopefully, there will be more to follow.

Sincerely....mario

• Like 1

Congrats to all! It was a kick to both have marched with and known Bobby Hoffman esp. Even BEFORE he became BOBBY HOFFMAN...great guy!

As for my boss, the inimitable Bobby Bellarosa, I couldn't be more pleased. Now he's in Buglers'HoF, Cadets HoF, and WDCHoF. Hopefully, there will be more to follow.

Sincerely....mario

The Kid is/was/shall always be one of a kind. Probably why I enjoyed Eastern Review more than any other DC publication. If there were such a thing as being "overdue" for induction into a hall of fame then Bobby fits that description. He is a first round hall of famer in the hearts of NYC drum corps people.

The Kid is/was/shall always be one of a kind. Probably why I enjoyed Eastern Review more than any other DC publication. If there were such a thing as being "overdue" for induction into a hall of fame then Bobby fits that description. He is a first round hall of famer in the hearts of NYC drum corps people.

Long overdue for sure ... but, by Bobby's request ... ne would not allow anyone to submit his name while he was alive ... I should have recorded the long conversation we had when he was inducted into the Buglers HOF ... I eventually convinced him that it was okay and there was no conspiracy theory ... LOL ... and he told me his entire bio ... it's on the BHOF site I believe ... I'm glad Bobby and I got to march together in Sky for a few years in the early 70's ... he was truly one of a kind ... I hope Mario is invited to give his acceptance speech ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

Without Andy's help in convincing Bobby that "divulging" bio info for election to the BHoF was not a conspiracy theory (being from Brooklyn, Da Boss willingly yielded only his name, borough, and the fact that he was a member of "HNCC, and Skyliners,") we might never know any more of Da Kid's life.

And, yes, I was invited to accept Bobby's award - an incredible honor in itself. Hopefully, I'm going to make it to DCA this year.

Without Andy's help in convincing Bobby that "divulging" bio info for election to the BHoF was not a conspiracy theory (being from Brooklyn, Da Boss willingly yielded only his name, borough, and the fact that he was a member of "HNCC, and Skyliners,") we might never know any more of Da Kid's life.

And, yes, I was invited to accept Bobby's award - an incredible honor in itself. Hopefully, I'm going to make it to DCA this year.

thumbup.gifworthy.gifthumbup.gifworthy.gif

Mario ... the only other Bobby faithful that could do him justice is Dave Shaw ... not sure is he attends DCA ...

Andy