Who Loves Drum Corps?

Thought I would liven this place up because I have been hearing crickets and seeing cobwebs.

Doesn't matter when you marched WHO LOVES DRUM CORPS?

Now don't use this as a political war BE NICE!!!!

Love and hate are strong words. I like drum corps and winter guard. It’s good for all ages. It was fun for me.

Inthelastfourmonthswenttotwoguardshowsmetwithalumnifourtimesattendedafundraiserforastartupcorpsscannednineteensseventyprogramstoposttodcp

Got no time for cobwebs; just sayin’ (signed older and crabbier too! btw it takes more than 1 click to post a photo and I’m nice)

Love and hate are strong words. I like drum corps and winter guard. Its good for all ages. It was fun for me.

Love and hate ARE strong words, but love is the appropriate one.

Do I love drum corps? I was active in the activity for 40 years, played with or taught upwards from 10 corps. (I got fired a lot).

Maybe more telling is that 5 of my 6 kids marched with 3 WC drum corps starting with Kevin in 91 with Crossmen, and most recently Nancy who leaves for move-in today with Crossmen. Tammy did 11 years in Boston, taught there and worked with BDB for years. Kevin & Dan both in the Blue Devils' Hall of Fame. Kevin taught BDB and Yamato (?sp?). Raymond did 9 years in Boston, taught there and is now the brass guy for 7th Regiment.

That has to be love. and in return, drum corps has been very good to me and my family.

Love might not even be a strong enough word.

Edited by rayfallon
  • Like 1

Thought I would liven this place up because I have been hearing crickets and seeing cobwebs.

I love Drum Corps.

But I will draw the line if I hear crickets and see cobwebs out on the field at any of the shows I attend.

I love Drum Corps.

But I will draw the line if I hear crickets and see cobwebs out on the field at any of the shows I attend.

I'm torn between 2 loves from the past, drum corps and winter guard. It's best that I say like so the two aren't jealous of each other ; )

"Crickets and Cobwebs" sounds like a fine design in my over active imagination. A 2013 winter guard did a show about spiders and I liked it!

A 2013 winter guard did a show about spiders and I liked it!

Did the Guard climb up a waterspout in the show ?

Edited by BRASSO

I would like drum and bugle corps today, but there are no drum and bugle corps. There are b flat trumpet bands, but no one has played a bugle in years.

The difference to me, is that it used to be an activity for kids. Now it is an activity for "designers" and "artists" who failed to achieve their broadway and hollywood dreams and are determined to realize their "artistic visions" in an activity that cannot portray such "visions" on a stage the size of a football field. On a football field, only two things work: volume and mass. No designer today understands that. They continue to see things on broadway and in musical videos and try to make those things work on a football field. The only place it works is between their ears, augmented by their ego. The only part that kids play in the activity today is as an easily replaceable moving part in someone's "artistic vision." They are chattel, secondary elements.

Drum corps used to work with and for the kids that they had. Now kids have to work with and for the trumpet bands that exist.

Now, I very much appreciate the hard work, talent, and effort of the performers. But I don't like the product they are putting out.