Great Lakes Drum Association Alumni Corps

A new Alumni Corps was formed in Jan 2013 and is getting ready for it's first performance. The Great Lakes Drum Corps Alumni corps was formed from former members of corps that competed in the Great Lakes Drum Corps Association which was active in the late 60s,70s and early 80s. Corps were from Michigan,Ohio,Ontario,Indiana and Illinois. The corps will perform at the Frankenmuth Bavarian Festival parade on June 9th. The corps is playing Amazing Grace, Vaquero (from the Royal Airs), Battle Hymn and the Children of Sanchez. More tunes are being added as the corps progresses. The focus of the corps will be to perform at parades and exibitions and not a field show or competition as this time. The corps features an experienced hornline and welcomes anyone that would like to perform again and experience the feeling of being back in the drum corps family. Check them out on Facebook by finding Great Lakes Drum Corps Alumni Bugles or Association. (2 pages).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds great!

I won my very first competition in drum corps in Frankenmuth, 1981, with Gen. Putnam's Men...another GLDCA corps. Have fun!

I won my very first competition in drum corps in Frankenmuth, 1981, with Gen. Putnam's Men...another GLDCA corps. Have fun!

June 13, 1981

Gen. Putnam's Men--50.45

Ventures--49.85

Saginaires--49.70

Dutch Boy Cadets--45.85

Bandettes--35.55

Flint Royalaires--28.00

Edited by Northern Thunder
  • Like 1

First show I ever marched was in Frankenmuth in 1976 with the Midshipmen from Petoskey, MI. I live in the Muth area now, so I plan to check this group out. From what I understand, they will be doing a performance after the parade.

First show I ever marched was in Frankenmuth in 1976 with the Midshipmen from Petoskey, MI. I live in the Muth area now, so I plan to check this group out. From what I understand, they will be doing a performance after the parade.

Please stop by and say hello. My name is Grover. I'll be the guy with the flugle horn. We will also be rehearsing Saturday evening 6pm - 8pm at Frankenmuth High School Band room and parking area.

Great Lakes Drum Corps Alumni Debut. June 9 2013.

Edited by GrewvyG2