What was the best crowd response your corps got and where?

That might work, Ray. How about Donald Sutherland as Bobby Hoffman, and George Clooney as Dennis DeLucia? :silly:

You know who could play Hoffman? Brian Cranston (Breaking Bad) with an afro? He'd be perfect! I'm leaving it there before I get in trouble. Gotta think about Dennis...has to be someone that does "cerebral" - Who plays you though? A younger Antonio Banderas? Ashton Kutcher? Ben Affleck? Gotta think about Dennis. How about Larry? I do think Brian Cranston could do a perfect Bobby though.

• Like 1

You're right! Brian Cranston would be an excellent choice to play Bobby! Dennis and Larry ARE a bit tougher. Me? Supporting role, but flattered by your suggestions.

You're right! Brian Cranston would be an excellent choice to play Bobby! Dennis and Larry ARE a bit tougher. Me? Supporting role, but flattered by your suggestions.

You? Don't get modest on me! You were one of the "star quality" folks. There's a lot of roles in there that would be fun to fill. Hard to cast now as I don't have a handle on "Who's hot, who's not?" in recent movies/TV.

I tell you what though - if you were ever going to make a drum corps movie, Bayonne would have to be (at least) a huge part of it. And that journey described above, 1969 - 1976 Bridgemen? Oh man, what a story!

While I like the Brian Cranston suggestion, I think Dennis Hopper would have made an ideal Bobby Hoffman if he were still around ... as far as Joe Pesci goes, he's better suited to take on the role of Pee Wee or Jo Jo from the Skyliners ...

:-)

While I like the Brian Cranston suggestion, I think Dennis Hopper would have made an ideal Bobby Hoffman if he were still around ... as far as Joe Pesci goes, he's better suited to take on the role of Pee Wee or Jo Jo from the Skyliners ...

:-)

OK, maybe Hopper, but Pee Wee definitely. Oh man...

GoodFellas with bugles....

Closer to the truth than anyone wants to think about...

• Like 2

One happy...one sad....but both memorable.....

Memphis, TN 1980 - Standstill of most of the show.....with marching "Let It Be Me".

Brimingham, AL 1980 - Finals performance.....all of the emotion was released from an entire summer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My corps (Freelancers) were absolute rock stars in Witchita Falls TX.

We were hated worse than HIV in Boston.

My corps (Freelancers) were absolute rock stars in Witchita Falls TX.

We were hated worse than HIV in Boston.

I don't recall that about Freelancers in Boston, but I'll accept your word for it, as you were living it.

Always liked them.

• 2 weeks later...

The AMerican International Open in Butler was our home show so finals 83-85 were good for us. Outside of that, the local shows that were all A-Class corps were more fun. But the absolute best audience was at the VA hospital where we did annual performances-it was very rewarding to play our show and the National Anthem for the veterans.