Cedarburg

Whitewater

Lisle

Dubuque

Dekalb

MI City

Indianapolis

Annapolis

On 6-15, I'm going to Pacific Crest's Sneak Preview, and then DCI Walnut on 6-29. The rest of the summer will involve me just sitting in front of my laptop watching Video on Demand and Live Streaming. Oh, and I'm also going to the Big, Loud, and Live in August. I would go to the cinema event on 6-24, but that's on a Monday when I might work (I've never understood why they show these on Mondays).

Walnut show should be pretty good this year. A little disapointed that SCV is not doing any shows in So Cal. Crown and Pacific Crest will be playing an arrangement together after the corps have marched their shows. That should make for a sweet sound!

Well, considering my current work schedule won't allow me to make my usual MS or AL show stop, I might try Atlanta, but the whole 7 hour drive back on a Monday doesn't look all that appealing to me.

So, probably just FN only for me this season.

Edited by loopin' froot loops

I'm most excited for the shows where my son (Phantom Regiment) and my daughter (Legends) will both be performing! With Phantom on the West Coast last year, they only had 2 shows together - Minneapolis and then Prelims in Indy. I'll be on the road with Legends for a while and will be able to catch a lot of shows that way.

Belvidere

Cinema

Kalamazoo thumbup.gif

Pittsburgh thumbup.gif

Salem

Whitewater ???

Michigan City ???

Metamora thumbup.gif (Our home show - - both kids marching at their home high school. Total of 3 kids from this little high school marching with 3 different corps!)

Muscatine

Dubuque

Minneapolisthumbup.gif

DeKalb

St. Louis

Spring Valley

Then Open Class prelims / finals in Michigan City and World Class prelims / semis / finals in Indy. Son is aging out this year. :(

I'm doing the trip I did in 2010...my 2 week extravaganza!!!!

11 July - Warrensburg, MO (maybe)

13 July - Minneapolis (maybe)

15 July - Lebanon, IL (DCI St Louis...why do they call it that, its a half out east of the city!!!!!)

26 July - Murfreesboro

27 July - Cardinals @ Braves (so i can taunt them with the infield fly rule ;))

28 July - Atlanta

29 July - Minor League Baseball some where in the Carolinas

30 July - Salem, VA

31 July - West Chester, PA

1 August - Phillies Game

2 August - Eastern Classic

3 August - Eastern Classic

4 August - Pittsburgh (Pirates Game, Primanti's, and Show)

5 August - TOC Buffalo

6 August - Tentative

7-10 August - Indy

11 August - Go Home

I might even blog about it...I will definitely tweet about it, and do some Facebooking to.

right? it's like 30miles into illinois... maybe there could be a REAL st. louis show again (or at least in the right state, st charles is close enough)

This sounds like an incredible trip

Skipping Walnut this year for the wedding of two Impulse alumni. She also aged out at Spirit and he at SCV, and her Dad and I marched VK. Might try to catch Riverside the next day. Taking our little one to Grandma and Grandpa's in Iilinois, and they are taking us to DeKalb. It's nice to have drum corps in-laws. Plus the two cinema events. Hoping my lovely bride's schedule allows her to get to DeKalb, too. She needs her Regiment time!

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

right? it's like 30miles into illinois... maybe there could be a REAL st. louis show again (or at least in the right state, st charles is close enough)

This sounds like an incredible trip

I did this very similar trip in 2010 and it was so much fun. A little drum corps, a little minor & major league baseball, and a chance to see the southeast and the eastern seaboard. It's to bad I can't make a 1 day stop in Baltimore or head up to Boston like I would like. However a 3 or 4 hour trip into Canada may be in order. Maybe wear my 2012/3 US WJC Gold Medal Hockey Jersey ;). My stop in Pittsburgh will be a solemn one as I will make a stop at the Flight 93 memorial and pay my respects (as I did at ground zero in 2010). The days can count down quick enough.

The fun begins at 10AM on 26 July

I've attended the Houston event the past three summers, but this time around, I will make the trip to San Antonio instead. I still plan on attending rehearsals and warm-ups at the Houston event though (does anyone know how far away the corps get from the Berry Center stadium when warming up?).

I know they've come as far north as my area... The Woodlands / Magnolia. I've gotten rather spoiled with the top 8 from previous years at the Houston show... but we're not getting that this year. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Akron -- June 22

Bowling Green -- June 23

Pittsburgh -- June 26

Erie -- July 31

Avon Lake -- August 3

Centerville -- August 5

Massillon -- August 6

Indianapolis -- August 10 -- DCI World Class Finals

Annapolis -- September 4 -- DCA Finals

Weather permitting, I thus should be able to see every DCI World Class corps but one before Finals (the exception, curiously enough, is Blue Devils), and a majority of the Open Class corps (missing mostly corps that don't tour widely: Blue Devils C, City Sound, Colt Cadets, Columbians, Impulse, Thunder, and if they're really performing this summer, Racine Scouts and Spirit of Newark/NJ).

I would have liked to make it to garfield's Dublin show, but the Erie show the next night has the exact same line-up, and the drive is half-hour less each way, on a weekday.

I've convinced two friends who've never seen drum corps to join me for the Open Class show in Avon Lake (the season's closest show to us). They've come to see me in TubaChristmas a few times, so I think they'll have a good time. Another friend who's seen more than a dozen drum corps show over the years, but would be unlikely to do so on his own, I convinced to join me at Allentown two years ago, and DCI Finals last year (a first for both of us). I don't think he felt that one was good value, given the high cost for seats that were outside the twenty. Normally he works Labor Day weekend, but not this year, so he's going with me to Annapolis. Seats on the 50, and about 40% cheaper.