Blue Knights "Official" 2013 Show Announcment

I understand that a show announcement has very little to do with the outcome of a corps season and I truly want to see BK succeed... but am I the only one who thinks that the announcement was poorly written, generic, and off-putting?

I hope that their written prose is not an early sign of their show design.

The written prose of their press release probably needs a rewrite. My guess, this is a work in progress and BK's has not added in the Declaratives, Predicates, Interrogatives, and Imperatives yet. There clearly is cleaning that seems neccessary to clean up the spacing issues in the Predicates, as well as to consider replacing the verbs with the nouns to make the theme clearer for audiences and judges alike. Plus, it just might require a second reading and viewing to get what they are attempting to convey to us in their design of this year's show announcement. I'm optimistic that in time the BK show announcement here will grow on us.

Wes.... will the BK show announcement begin to blossom with the proper cleaning of the show announcement, or is this show announcement not subject to rewrites with the cleaning of the Dangling Participles and we'll just have to learn to tolerate the off putting of it ?

Edited by BRASSO

Someone uploaded a run. Not quite sure about this show... Sounds like the brass needs some tone quality work.

I'd attribute the sound of the brass line on this clip more to the sound device used by the downloader, and not so much to the BK brassline. But we'll know more in time. I could not help notice how BK is like a lot of Corps these days in that the Guard is featured most of the show out front, while the on field percussion line is stuck by today's show designers way in back, so for much of the show we can't see them nor hear them close up.This is an evolutionary change where the Guard and the Visual is much more impactful on both the current shows of today as well as the judging sheets. Thus I'm not surprised to watch this tape and see the Guard prominently displayed out front and with the on field percussion line now in back and now serving as an auxilary to that Guard. In earlier decades, it was the Guard that served as the auxilary to the brass and the percussion lines. But things change, and now the Guard is not the auxillary anymore as much as the on field percussion lines can be now and this is one of those clearly observable changes,.. for better or worse.

Edited by BRASSO

I'd attribute the sound of the brass line on this clip more to the sound device used by the downloader, and not so much to the BK brassline. But we'll know more in time. I could not help notice how BK is like a lot of Corps these days in that the Guard is featured most of the show out front, while the on field percussion line is stuck by today's show designers way in back, so for much of the show we can't see them nor hear them close up.This is an evolutionary change where the Guard and the Visual is much more impactful on both the current shows of today as well as the judging sheets. Thus I'm not surprised to watch this tape and see the Guard prominently displayed out front and with the on field percussion line now in back and now serving as an auxilary to that Guard. In earlier decades, it was the Guard that served as the auxilary to the brass and the percussion lines. But things change, and now the Guard is not the auxillary anymore as much as the on field percussion lines can be now and this is one of those clearly observable changes,.. for better or worse.

I was at that runthrough last night and you are correct about the sound. Even my own recording wasn't as good as what I actually heard from the corps. Even so, my son...who isn't performing this year...heard things in the performance that need to be...and will be...fixed. Par for the course, I guess.

• Like 4

I was at that runthrough last night and you are correct about the sound. Even my own recording wasn't as good as what I actually heard from the corps. Even so, my son...who isn't performing this year...heard things in the performance that need to be...and will be...fixed. Par for the course, I guess.

So true. All Corps go thru changes in the show from little changes to big ones. BK is in good hands, so I'm confident they'll fix what they believe right now needs fixing.

Hmmm, it's rough.. lookaround.gif But in all fairness I'm comparing this video to SCV, Crown and Phantoms preseason posts and those three are trying to take it all.

• Like 2