New Uniforms 2013

In this similar vein, if drum corps tried to tailor their programs, design decisions, rules, etc. to all of their alumni the activity would've likely died a long time ago

This is true... the vast majority of the Drum Corps Alums, especially the last decade or so recent Corps Alums, as I'm sure you're probably aware, don't go to the shows , so " tailoring these Corps programs " to these Corps recent Alums in particular wouldn't have made any difference at all. Just as you said.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Haven't seen it discussed so I'll just comment that Crown's hats don't have a top to them. They're open and you can see the top of the performers head when they bend down. There is some additional graphics on the inside of the hat that are consistent with the show. Very different.

This is true... the vast majority of the Drum Corps Alums, especially the last decade or so recent Corps Alums, as I'm sure you're probably aware, don't go to the shows ...

I aged out in the last decade, & I go to shows, donate to my alumni corps, & even buy souvies from other corps to help support the activity.

But then again, I post on DCP, so I'm probably not the kind of person you're referring to anyways. :tongue:

Edited by loopin' froot loops

How did the corps go about revealing/explaining the 2013 appearence to the marching members, especially the vets given how great a departure it is from the image of Triple Crown and since? Did Cesario himself come in to do his dance and showtime?

Did the corps lose any members not accepting of the non-Cream motif for that very reason? (I can't imagine that amongst 150 young adults all opinions are identical, or are you speaking in terms similar to Congressional unanimous votes?)

IMO if anyone's only reason to not march with Crown was because they were no longer wearing cream, then they joined for the wrong reasons. With the exception of The Cadets, and maybe SCV, I don't think the kids really care all that much about the uniform.

• Like 2

IMO if anyone's only reason to not march with Crown was because they were no longer wearing cream, then they joined for the wrong reasons. With the exception of The Cadets, and maybe SCV, I don't think the kids really care all that much about the uniform.

If one goes by experience, members of Cavaliers, Madison, and Crossmen would probably disagree with you about caring about what they wear. Both Madison and Spirit of Atlanta returned to iconic and traditional colors, emblems, and aspects of their older uniforms when the newer duds failed to bring desired results on the sheets. Remember Madison's attempts....??? Cesario was involved in those changes too coincidentally.

Edited by normy diploome
  • Like 2

If one goes by experience, members of Cavaliers, Madison, and Crossmen would probably disagree with you about caring about what they wear. Both Madison and Spirit of Atlanta returned to iconic and traditional colors, emblems, and aspects of their older uniforms when the newer duds failed to bring desired results on the sheets. Remember Madison's attempts....??? Cesario was involved in those changes too coincidentally.

Exactly!

Cesario was involved in those changes too coincidentally.

Cesario has a great job. He's involved in the activity more than so many others and has more often than not influenced the direction of more than one group for the positive.

I also think he is one of the most genuinely positive people the activity has ever seen.

Edited by LincolnV
  • Like 5

Cesario has a great job. He's involved in the activity more than so many others and has more often than not influenced the direction of more than one group for the positive.

I also think he is one of the most genuinely positive people the activity has ever seen.

Agreed. I have worked with him, toured with him, and still consider him a friend. But not everything he touches turns to gold, at least not for the corps involved. He's human too, which is what most love about him.

• Like 1

If one goes by experience, members of Cavaliers, Madison, and Crossmen would probably disagree with you about caring about what they wear. Both Madison and Spirit of Atlanta returned to iconic and traditional colors, emblems, and aspects of their older uniforms when the newer duds failed to bring desired results on the sheets.

Cesario is mainly responsible for the Cavaliers iconic look.

Spirit's current uniforms look nothing like their traditional "Delta" uniforms (which I miss). I'm not sure uniforms have much to do with their current success anyway.

Remember Madison's attempts....??? Cesario was involved in those changes too coincidentally.

Yeah, and they looked great from 2003 to 2005 (hated 2006's). Coincidentally, that's when they had better competitive results.

Since then it's been an ugly trial-and-error process with Stanbury (which a lot of groups go through it seems). Remember 2007 (*barf*)? Remember 2008 and 2009 (looked great, but pretty uncomfortable).

The short-sleeve unis they have now are fine, but I guarantee that not every vet is on board.

Changing a uniform for scores does not mean that the kids had a problem with it.

And IMO, those other corps you listed keep a certain look to keep the alumns happy, not the kids. It's one thing to say that if Corps A changes to a certain uniform, the alumns would stop giving money to the organization, but another thing entirely to say that the kids won't march with Corps A if they don't wear a certain uniform. There is so much more to the corps you listed than what they wear on any given year. So again if anyone's only reason not to march with a corps is the uniform, they joined for the wrong reason.