New Uniforms 2013

Cesario, and Brent Becker at Stanbury for that matter, follow whatever guidelines the corps gives them. If you want traditional, you get traditional (see Brent's current Madison Uniform and his previous SCV '99 throwback or Cesario's variations on Phantom's "classic" look). If you want avant-garde, both can do that too (Crown's current uniform or SCV's 08 metallic jackets). Sometimes it's the designer, sometimes it's the corps, but neither finishes a design without the other.

Mike

• Like 1

Changing a uniform for scores does not mean that the kids had a problem with it.

And IMO, those other corps you listed keep a certain look to keep the alumns happy, not the kids. It's one thing to say that if Corps A changes to a certain uniform, the alumns would stop giving money to the organization, but another thing entirely to say that the kids won't march with Corps A if they don't wear a certain uniform. There is so much more to the corps you listed than what they wear on any given year. So again if anyone's only reason not to march with a corps is the uniform, they joined for the wrong reason.

Yeah, Crown isn't really around long enough yet to have a sizeable vocal alum group. As the current chameleon corps, what would their alums all have in common besides thinking Kevin Smith is a god? (and they are right.)

Yeah, Crown isn't really around long enough yet to have a sizeable vocal alum group. As the current chameleon corps, what would their alums all have in common besides thinking Kevin Smith is a god? (and they are right.)

Well, CHASING AMY was pretty brilliant, CLERKS was a strong debut film, but I don't think I'd say Kevin Smith is anything CLOSE to a god...

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

• Like 5

As one alumni on this board.........YES we ALL think Kevin is GOD!!! Nothing ground breaking there.

Of the alumni that I communicate with…..everyone falls into 2 categories- love it or neutral and want to see it on the field before commenting. I’m very sure there is a pocket of folks that do not like them. Most love it and it likely has to do with the chameleon corps thing (although they were in “Cream” about half of their history), but I’m getting that it’s liked because they are out there challenging the norm and standing out from everyone else.

I have found that Jim Coates is very receptive in talking about the corps direction and listen to our concerns. Yes we don’t have the numbers of most other corps, but I know there is a vocal group that they hear from regularly.

At the end of the day- it does not matter the type/ color of uniform/ costume is worn. It’s all about how a show “Speaks” to you and what you get out of the show. Which is the beauty of Drum Corps- if you don’t like show “X” just wait there is another group next.

Just my 2 cents

• Like 3

Am I right in remembering that Blue Stars still has a new uniform to unveil? If so I am anxiously awaiting that announcement.

I've heard they are revealing them tonight. Maybe only to members? Not quite sure.

Yup, I was just told this. They posted a pic of them in the uniform bags where you couldn't see anything earlier. They're teasing, which means a reveal is coming son.

Hahaha you can still see where the coin from last year's show was sewn on the jacket.

944726_10151489676223668_550067195_n.jpg

• Like 2

I'm guessing they're getting new uniforms next year since they cut off all the right sleeves this year.

• Like 2