New Uniforms 2013

Colt Cadets have the best posted

Troopers up top is nice, the gauntlets look a bit large, too heavy and unbalanced but I like the white, just less please

The bottom of Troop -sort of a disappointment – same goes to you Bluecoats – BD brought that style in, strips up front for Godfather (puppet strings) and the ### cape for 08 Absurd –they worked and by keeping and adding to them – BD made it their own, broke away – no longer a cookie cutter uniform and now Bluecoats’ looks like a BD rip and Trooper are barrowing BD elements – can’t wait to follow the winner? Be part of the pack? Make it all cookie cutter again?

Ticks me off the way corps mindlessly copy each other and then claim to be artists

The Bluecoats are guilty ... of copying off of themselves from the 70's and early 80's right? The new uni is so much more old Bluecoats than new Blue Devils.

• Like 2

I agree with Troopers' gauntlets being too big and too white. I don't get the white on the pants, will have to see on the field.

Bluecoats' design is interesting, but...

Colt Cadets have the best posted

Troopers up top is nice, the gauntlets look a bit large, too heavy and unbalanced but I like the white, just less please

The bottom of Troop -sort of a disappointment – same goes to you Bluecoats – BD brought that style in, strips up front for Godfather (puppet strings) and the ### cape for 08 Absurd –they worked and by keeping and adding to them – BD made it their own, broke away – no longer a cookie cutter uniform and now Bluecoats' looks like a BD rip and Trooper are barrowing BD elements – can't wait to follow the winner? Be part of the pack? Make it all cookie cutter again?

Ticks me off the way corps mindlessly copy each other and then claim to be artists

So anything hanging bellow the waist is now a BD rip-off?

You seem to think yourself quite the expert. I look forward to seeing your designs. How soon can we expect them?

Edited by NewSkool
  • Like 2

The new uni is so much more old Bluecoats than new Blue Devils.

I would say it looks more like the Reading Buccaneers of the same era, but yeah. Definitely more 'Coats than Devs. The sash looks to be about the same color as the old Blue___Coat uniform.

Pat Seidling mentioned in a Marching Roundtable podcast that he was pushing in 2003 for Phantom Regiment to use an updated 1978 uniform color scheme. I remember hearing rumblings this spring that they had considered that again. Funny how things come back around. :)

(He also mentioned that while the 2000-2002 uniforms are as "accurate" to the Kipling poem as any that the corps has ever worn, the staff all felt they were pretty disastrous on the field. The colors didn't really "go" with anything.)

Mike

Pat Seidling mentioned in a Marching Roundtable podcast that he was pushing in 2003 for Phantom Regiment to use an updated 1978 uniform color scheme. I remember hearing rumblings this spring that they had considered that again. Funny how things come back around. :)

(He also mentioned that while the 2000-2002 uniforms are as "accurate" to the Kipling poem as any that the corps has ever worn, the staff all felt they were pretty disastrous on the field. The colors didn't really "go" with anything.)

Mike

last years uniform with a black (sequined) baldric instead of the emblem, and black cap ala 03-05 would be the perfect uniform. ... oh yeah and white plume

Mike

It`s interesting how Phantom`s return to white in 2003 added to the momentum the corps had that year.

They had already returned to the `78 color scheme in `85 and `86 - only to come out with their all white look in `87 during one of the most incredible competitive comebacks any corps has ever experienced.

Edited by LincolnV

You, sir, get a green plus from me for the PR reference! tongue.gif

yeah, that could either be a Power Rangers RPM reference (the much better series) or a Engine Sentai Go-Onger reference (the original Japanese series that RPM was based on). LOL!! Sorry -- I know I'm a geek. It's in my screen name, after all! :)

• Like 1

The more I see the new Trooper uniform, the more I like it! The lighter blue will definitely be more visible under the lights. The past few uniforms have kind of blended in with the field and did not "pop" like so many of the other corps. The gauntlets are classic old-school Troopers and I think they will also help with visual general effect. The side sash has a little pop of white and it could also be used to good effect in certain formations. I do like the stripe on the pants. It is a lot better than having the side stripe which highlights phasing and marching issues. It kind of gives the corps a bit of a "machine-like" look which should make them look more powerful in their marching. I still have to say that I will reserve full judgment on the CG uniform until I see them on a fully lit field.