"Charlie, the Hat" a drummer....

:confused: Anyone recall his "real" name? Joe DaFiglia and I were talking, and neither one of us could remember. We do know that he he played in Loretto, and possibly(?)the Skyliners. Any help?

Grazie.mario

:confused:/> Anyone recall his "real" name? Joe DaFiglia and I were talking, and neither one of us could remember. We do know that he he played in Loretto, and possibly(?)the Skyliners. Any help?

Grazie.mario

Good luck, Mario. I've been trying to find out for the longest time. Don Quinn didn't know, and he marched with him in Sky in '63 I believe. Keays had no clue. DaFig got back to me and said his name was "Charles Fedora". Big help he was!!!! Sonny Calvagna or Walt McRae would possibly know, but I've lost track of both of them.

If you do find out anything, PLEASE keep me in the loop. Thanx.

Ray

Good luck, Mario. I've been trying to find out for the longest time. Don Quinn didn't know, and he marched with him in Sky in '63 I believe. Keays had no clue. DaFig got back to me and said his name was "Charles Fedora". Big help he was!!!! Sonny Calvagna or Walt McRae would possibly know, but I've lost track of both of them.

If you do find out anything, PLEASE keep me in the loop. Thanx.

Ray

RAY...don't you just love a mystery? :lookaround:/> Let's hear it for the missing spaces of our memories! :giljotiini:/> mario

Edited by BklynMario

:confused:/> Anyone recall his "real" name? Joe DaFiglia and I were talking, and neither one of us could remember. We do know that he he played in Loretto, and possibly(?)the Skyliners. Any help?

Grazie.mario

HAHA ... when I asked DeFig he said it was Fedora ... wise@ss Brooklyn humor for sure ...

:-)

• 2 weeks later...

OK, we might have found an answer to our question. Pete Troy was speaking with Bernie Schettino this morning. Bernie played tenor drum in line with Charlie and found an old roster from the corps with the listing C. Conliff on it. Could this possibly be our mystery drummer????

Ray

OK, we might have found an answer to our question. Pete Troy was speaking with Bernie Schettino this morning. Bernie played tenor drum in line with Charlie and found an old roster from the corps with the listing C. Conliff on it. Could this possibly be our mystery drummer????

Ray

RAY...this may be the end of the great mystery. I've forwarded the results of your exhaustive investigation to JoeDe, John Keays, and Sal Capone (No relation to "Big Al.") The check enclosed below should cover your costs.

CHECK`

Edited by BklynMario

CHECK`

...roger that ... CHECK ...

:-)