DCI Fan Network price increase

Following the motto of DCI and it's elitism and seeming desire to have as little people involved in Drum Corps as possible. DCI Fan Network's last year $40 cost was increased to $69 this year. With very performance videos on youtube or other online video sites, all pretty much shut down by DCI Copyright police, reliving old memories or even the few people who might want to know about DC has been made more difficult. The cost to DCI to make the videos from 1974-2012 online is almost trivial and they should be lowering the price to stimulate interest in Drum Corps. But then in the last 20 years or so, every effort has been made to make DC so elitist that it has become extinct compared to the 1960's and 1970's. So this move to obliterate the past and make DC even more inaccessible is no surprise.

DCI should be doing everything it can do promote DC, not pull videos, increase the prices and increase the cost of Drum Corps. They should maybe even be offering The Legacy Collection to hundreds of libraries and providing FREE DCI Fan Network access to library patrons.

All they have to do is take The Legacy Collections and download them for online access-at most a day's project with little or no production cost. In addition it's deplorable that the performers themselves and the corps themselves can't even look back at their own efforts that were done decades before The Net and even computers.

The Legacy Collection DVD's are also more expensive-nearly three times as high as Hollywood Movies or TV Shows would be.

That's all I have to say, I think, so no big finale in this posting.

• Like 9

The Legacy Collection DVD's are also more expensive-nearly three times as high as Hollywood Movies or TV Shows would be.

But when I consider the number of times I've listened to my Legacy collection, and the enjoyment I've gotten time and time again, it is a much better value than any Hollywood movie or TV show.

I was there when it was done live. Those memories come flushing back with each viewing. Nothing like that in Hollywood, IMO.

• Like 2

trap_medium.jpg

In before the close !

Nah, this will die a quiet death because you just can't compare an entire season of drum corps for $69 to anything coming out of popular media.

This OP has drive-by posted a couple of argument-inducing comments then disappeared.

• Like 2

Isn't the mid-season price $40? I remember last year paying ~$60 at the beginning, then the price dropped halfway through like it's done the past few years.

• Like 1

That's all I have to say, I think, so no big finale in this posting.

And here I was thinking that they'd be a great closer from you to make me stop my huge yawn that was taking place.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Last year for the network and blu-ray, the subscription was $175. This year, the blu-ray package is $179. Only a $4 increase. Still, IMO, a pretty darn good deal.

All-in-all, for the value, there's worse deals out there. For me, I get more value out of the fan network than I do from the stupid cable television that I pay for every doggone month. And, for my fan network subscription, my money is going for an activity that I support. As for my cable subscription? Who really likes their cable company?

PS - to the OP... compare your fan network subscription to any pay-per-view event on TV. For about the cost of 1-2 PPV's, your getting most of the major competitions during the season, hundreds of legacy shows, and if so desired, a pre-order for the championship shows. Again, a pretty good deal.

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2

Last year for the network and blu-ray, the subscription was $175. This year, the blu-ray package is $179. Only a $4 increase. Still, IMO, a pretty darn good deal.

All-in-all, for the value, there's worse deals out there. For me, I get more value out of the fan network than I do from the stupid cable television that I pay for every doggone month. And, for my fan network subscription, my money is going for an activity that I support. As for my cable subscription? Who really likes their cable company?

Good points.

Only a $4 increase for the full package. Not too bad.

I happen to love my FiOS Cable and Internet though... tongue.gif

• Like 1

DCA charges $69 for a lot less. go ##### in that forum

• Like 5