Boston's Up!

Without considering how their drum corps arrangements turn out, this is my personal favorite book of music choices ... so far.

I have to agree...after listening to the source music over the weekend I am VERY excited to hear this musical book as well...even more so than previous years past.

• Like 1

Yes. I saw BAC's preview last night at Nichols College, Dudley, Ma.

This is an intriguing show whose theme for this season fits them to a t, imo.

The musical selections for this season has never been brought to the field of Drum Corps to my knowledge. They'll have the 150 maximun allowed on the field, and it looks like 44 in the Guard which might be the largest Guard ever put out on the field of DCI competition if they go out with that number. 9 snare, 5 quads, 12 in the pit, 11 contra last night, but it looks like they'll go out with 12, and 72 brass, and the usual collection of spares. I enjoyed what I saw, and wish the Corps the best this season.

Would rather see 80 horns and 36 guard.....

The horn line is stronger than last years. Bigger sound.

Me too. I'd like more Brass over Guard given a choice. But they're making that decision to go with a 40+ Guard and 72 Brass in their full Corps of the 150 Max. But I'm with you on this one. But the brass line did seem strong enough and with sufficient volume enough to sound like some of their previous year's 80 line at first take... so who knows. Time will tell if it was the correct decision or not for them.

Me too. I'd like more Brass over Guard given a choice. But they're making that decision to go with a 40+ Guard and 72 Brass in their full Corps of the 150 Max. But I'm with you on this one. But the brass line did seem strong enough and with sufficient volume enough to sound like some of their previous year's 80 line at first take... so who knows. Time will tell if it was the correct decision or not for them.

I'm not sure what the big deal is with 72 brass...I thought I read somewhere that the Cadets are also fielding 72 brass this year as well...I could be wrong...I'm sure someone may correct me...LOL

• Like 2

I'm not sure what the big deal is with 72 brass...I thought I read somewhere that the Cadets are also fielding 72 brass this year as well...I could be wrong...I'm sure someone may correct me...LOL

You will not notice the difference.

Just got to hear Boston this afternoon. Great sound. They had 74 horns today.

The horn line is stronger than last years. Bigger sound.

The brass line is more talented than last year and Chad said 72 is what they're using. The larger guard (which is also stronger than last year) means they have a big responsibility to sell the show, especially the visual side. It was great to learn last night at the Spring Fling that there are previous mm of the corps who have returned after a pit stop elsewhere. Average age/experience of the corps is higher. Down side will be more age outs.

The brass line is more talented than last year and Chad said 72 is what they're using. The larger guard (which is also stronger than last year) means they have a big responsibility to sell the show, especially the visual side. It was great to learn last night at the Spring Fling that there are previous mm of the corps who have returned after a pit stop elsewhere. Average age/experience of the corps is higher. Down side will be more age outs.

32 ageouts this summer-----it is the oldest BAC since 2002.

32 ageouts this summer-----it is the oldest BAC since 2002.

wow!!!!I

• Like 1