So Mapex uses Randall May now?

MikeN

I don't know how old the news is now, but Mapex has on their web site a new post announcing their partnership with RM for carriers and hardware. After Pearl essentially "fired" RM and developed in-house hardware, RM is now associated with Yamaha and Mapex. Dynasty makes their own hardware/carries in house as well. So does currently-fringe Tama ("fringe" purely in DCI market share). So XL, who at one time essentially dominated the market in the late 80's/early 90's, is now the provider for Premier and Ludwig only?

It's almost an "As The World Turns" for marching percussion and DCI, as units, drum companies and hardware vendors have almost all produced products at one time for each other.

Mike

Speaking of the vendor merry go round, there were rumors last year that Al Murray was working with Ludwig to revamp their marching line of drums. Has anyone heard of any progress on that front? Ludwig's current lineup (and marketing, for that matter) seem unchanged since... well... 2004?

Mike

Al hasn't been with Ludwig for quite some time. He's working with System Blue now.

I thought the Dynasty carriers were actually made by XL with a Dynasty sticker slapped on them. I could be wrong though.

Dynasty definitely makes their own carriers, and have for a while. Best carriers on the market if you ask me.