Great Article

ahhh the things we argue about on an off week

• Like 1

God, I love the week after the Wildwood show!!! :tongue:

He did own up to that, and then simply passed it off as if it didn't matter.

Well, I certainly think that if you are going to be providing information to be published...it should matter that it is accurate. To me, it appears that he was exaggerating the distance intentionally so that any potential members in the area that see them and like the activity might think they're the only game in town. Sorry to burst his bubble, but they aren't the only game in town. Yes, they are the closest to DC. However, as evidenced earlier in this thread, location doesn't appear to be the only thing one considers when choosing where to march.

Crooked numbers = baseball term for large (like a team put up a crooked number in an inning)

And, we actually are the only game in town...the only game in the state too.

• Like 1

Nevermind, my opinions will negatively affect the corps indirectly...

Edited by Percussion827
  • Like 1

Crooked numbers = baseball term for large (like a team put up a crooked number in an inning)

And, we actually are the only game in town...the only game in the state too.

My numbers weren't crooked. As I stated, they were taken directly from Google Maps. If they were large as you say then that would even further substantiate my point.

Yes, SS is technically the only DCA corps in Virginia. When I say you're not the only game in town....the intended meaning is that your not the only option around there. It's not meant to be taken literally.

Saying you are the only game in town is like McDonald's saying they are the only restaraunt around and being oblivous to the fact that there is a premier steakhouse a few miles away. Some people just won't eat McDonald's no matter how close it is and would prefer to drive the extra distance for a good meal.

Edited by DrumCorpsNutt
  • Like 1

Yes, SS is technically the only DCA corps in Virginia.

SS is literally the only DCA corps in Virginia, since a quick check of the U.S. map shows that Reading and Allentown are in Pennsylvania... Greensboro is in North Carolina... Princeton, Hawthorne, West Windsor and Morris County are in New Jersey... etc., etc. :ph34r:

Nothing "technical" about that. :tongue:

• Like 2

SS is literally the only DCA corps in Virginia, since a quick check of the U.S. map shows that Reading and Allentown are in Pennsylvania... Greensboro is in North Carolina... Princeton, Hawthorne, West Windsor and Morris County are in New Jersey... etc., etc. :ph34r:/>

Nothing "technical" about that. :tongue:/>

Yes....very true.