Blue Devils Pre Season Recording

Lush....sick! Signature BD!

I was wondering what instrument was going to do the signature bassoon opening......but of course it's frickin'.......ALL OF THEM!

The visual is going to be amazing.

Igor would love it!

Okay, FINALLY a show that I like from them this decade. thumbup.giftongue.gif

(Trying to be a god boy here)

• Like 1

I'm in the process of listening to The Re:rite of Spring now; I won't be surprised if they go undefeated again.

• Like 2

Couldn't get into it at all.

Ya know... I'm getting tired of the trumpet soloists being parked in front of a mic with awful sounding effects the entire show, with the volume pumped way too high. I dont' know how anyone can think it sounds good. It has sounded bad every show they have done it in (I believe every show since miced brass has been allowed). It sounds tinny.. and obnoxious.. and I usually can't wait for the solo to be over.

Really not a fan so far. Was really into last year with the preseason recording.. first time I saw that show though I wasn't the biggest fan, but I could still get into some of the music. Hopefully I like it once the rest of the show is put on and I see the visual... but I haven't liked a BD visual program in quite some years so I doubt it.

Horns sound great. Will be fighting with Crown and Cadets for brass. Percussion will be fighting with SCV and Cadets from what I have heard so far.

Not my kinda show so far. And I love the Rite of Spring.

sad.gif

• Like 3

Folks this is the year that two Blue Devil corps will be there on Saturday night........book it!

Now that's what I call a farm team.....Warped indeed!

• Like 3

I just listened to the recording and I have to say....

Thank you Blue Devils.

Musically, that was wonderful! I enjoyed every second of it. I even found myself jamming out to the Dance of the Adolescents section :music: I would have to see how this translates on the field... but I feel like this might be my favorite BD show musically in the past few years.

• Like 2