15 year old Snare Drummer in DIV I

Brandon (the Academy snare kid) also has his own youtube channel. Just search "Brandon Olander." There are some videos about drum corps on there, and also some about his band.

There's no doubt in my mind he'll be teaching at either Blue Devils or Bluecoats someday. Great kid.

Remember this kid from 3 years ago

At the age of 15 is in the snare line of the 2013 Academy. Will potentially age out in 2020

He was born in 1998.

Now... doesn't that make us all feel old here ? ( haha !)

Good for him! It was obvious from the start that he would make it into DCI very soon!

Although to be fair (and I might be wrong about what I'm going to say), the Academy as a whole looked VERY young this year. I walked by their truck at one of their shows and there had to be a good number of kids around this one's age loading it. Also, I personally know a 14 year old in the hornline. It's awesome that he's marching World Class at such a young age, but let's give props to the other young ones too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

tribute to Steve "the Kid" Aleman......made the Cadets snare line in 1979 at the age of 12.....

marched through the 1984 season (thus the "3peat") and "retired" from the Cadets early

to go into the military .....Kid's two brothers also marched several years.....Anthony (percussion/drum major),

and Michael (percussion)...........a great trio of brothers.............

BG

Vanguard had a soprano that marched 8 years......and took a year off!

One of the most humble "uber SCV gods" I had the honor of marching with my age out year. I'll never forget the time we were running sets in drill and the sop you mentioned was having a tough day getting to where he needed to be. After the upteenth repetition he finally said in exasperation, "GEEZ! Eight years here, and I STILL march like cr**p!!"

...and, you didn't do too bad yourself, Chuck! :satisfied:

The time period mentioned here had a number of REALLY long time vets in SCV, particularly in the guard (one did 78-87 in the A-Corps). SCV's former director put in 7 years in the soprano line (83-89). In the here and now I don't know if current members have that kind of longevity given the requirements.

• 1 month later...