Longest sustained note/chord?

You can tell who the noobs are. Madison Scouts closer 1997. Go watch. 45 seconds at fff.

• Like 1

i think 74 and 75 muchacho's would be in the running last cord goes about 50 secthere's always a middle or lower voice playing during other voices playing and not playing....always thought that was cool

Edited by blueorginal

Is the 1986 Wall of Sound by Star of Indiana allowed?

Infinity chord in this clip: 23 seconds.

(that's the official DCI clip)

Also timed a couple of others on youtube at 22 and 28 seconds.

The saber salute was awesome. Wish we could have seen more of that in the DCI clip. :thumbup:/>/>

Goosebumps every time I watch that.

Madison 1980? I remember being in Birmingham that year and the drum major picking up a camera and taking a picture of the crowd all while the corps blasted us at triple forte. Crowd was already on it's feet and that sent them through the roof.

Edited by bluesman

On the DCA side...unrehearsed surprise ending to the staff during final run thru of the day before DCA finals performance; the surprised look and then HUGE smile on Scott Stewart's face (and rest of the staff) when it happened is for the history books. The performing members were the only ones knew it was coming........fun stuff!!

1986 Star of Indiana at end of Close Encounters is a long sustained chord... not sure how long as I haven't timed it.