Longest sustained note/chord?

Another vote for Madison '80-- the DM (who was aging out) took the time to snap some photos of the audience from the podium (with a camera that used REAL FILM -- GASP!!) and pulled out the '75 championship flag.

Sprit '80 was pretty long too.

I timed Troopers 2011 at Allentown at 29 seconds; that was glorious.

Edited by TRacer

'97 Scouts did the camera and flag thing too, but since it was the Pirate show, he waved a Jolly Roger skull and crossbones flag. Of course, it only happened Finals night, so no one in the crowd knew if was coming. You can hear the roar of the crowd get louder as they continued holding the chord.

End of 75 Muchacho's Edited by blueorginal

'97 Scouts did the camera and flag thing too, but since it was the Pirate show, he waved a Jolly Roger skull and crossbones flag. Of course, it only happened Finals night, so no one in the crowd knew if was coming. You can hear the roar of the crowd get louder as they continued holding the chord.

And it had never been done before, so there's that entire "wow" factor for the freshness. Also, as a drum corps fan (who was marching in another corps in 97 but saw that moment anyway) that is one of my all-time favorite live experiences. Such a cool moment, and one that underscores the fact that's it's not about winning, or innovation: just about having fun being bad azzes and "bringing it" to the audience.

I know Madison has come a long way the last few years, but I REALLY miss that type swagger that Madison had back then...