Season 20 discussion thread

on second thought---little nervous after watching the performance tonight....

Last night's scores are up. Going to be an interesting season, to be sure. :smile: I'm not sure what my internet access will be like as I'm traveling this weekend, so there may be a bit of a delay posting scores from today's events.

And speaking of today's events, today is our "Vacation Day" themed slate of competitions as well as our first slate of Sweepstakes events, with 5 contests taking place in well-known summer getaway spots across the country. Hopefully the rain stays away in your area. :cool:

Along the east coast, corps will be enjoying the sun and surf at Doug Shaw Stadium in Myrtle Beach SC and the Virginia Beach Sports Complex in Virginia Beach VA.

MyrtleBeachSCDougShawStadium5000_zps12707a34.jpg

VirginiaBeachVAVABeachSportsplex10000_zps3e7f2741.jpg

In the Midwest, corps will be staying cozy at Thirlby Stadium in Traverse City MI and Badger HS in Lake Geneva WI.

TraverseCityMIThirlbyField6000_zps1b21edbd.jpg

LakeGenevaWIBadgerHS3000_zps79f1804e.jpg

Out west, corps will be soaking in the sun at Veterans Stadium in Long Beach CA.

LongBeachCAVeteransStadium11000_zpsc5e02a01.jpg

Can't wait to get back at it tonight! We've enjoyed our week of rehearsal at the beach. cool.gif

Beach? Heck we've been in the Midwest!

However, today is a free day at Cedar Point - yay for shows in northern Ohio! :thumbup:

We're pleased, so far, with FB!E's return to competition, but it is apparent we've got considerable rust to scrape off - plenty of work to go around. :tongue:/>/>

Crimson Lions holding well, but Oostburg? A whole lotta fun, but Dirrr-teeee! ha!

Still have no idea what Privateers are playing, but I like it!

Edited by JonW

The temperatures are rising, the scores are creeping up, summer is definitely here!

Today's events:

The midwest gets two competitions today, one at Doyt Perry Stadium in Bowling Green OH and the second at the completely-renovated Dalzell Field in Dubuque IA. Having been there in person a few weeks ago, I can say that this place is definitely a sight to behold and corps that didn't sign up for this show are missing out.

BowlingGreenOHDoytPerryStadium30000_zps6d4dd431.jpg

DubuqueIADalzellField6000_zpsdb0a4334.jpg

Veterans Stadium in Charlotte NC will feature a head-to-head matchup between River City Regiment and Knights of Power, two early-season contenders, as well as the debut of Capital Crusade.

CharlotteNCMemorialStadium20000_zps648f5960.jpg

Western corps begin working their way north through California, stopping at Buchanan Stadium in Clovis CA.

ClovisCABuchananHS9000_zps8483e07f.jpg

Finally, the Knights and Feenicks lead a small but determined group of corps into RPI Stadium in Albany NY.

AlbanyNYRPIStadium6000_zps8f6f95e1.jpg

After starting off in what has been the corps worst kick off ever, the Knights have reorganized and will be working on some drastic changes to their show along with Les Blanc Chevalier. Corps executive director Gary Currier apologized to fans of the corps and the activity for letting them down in the first few shows. We were attempting to take the activity in a new direction of marching ans style that simply we were not ready for. The shows are being redone in our traditional style to get us back where we belong. Thank you for your patience. I remind everyone to never put all their eggs in one basket--if it seems to be good to be true, it likely is!

(if anyone wants all cavies for all captions it is now available---OUCH!!!!)

(if anyone wants all cavies for all captions it is now available---OUCH!!!!)

Of course if everyone was thinking that the Cavies were going to be the bargain caption of the season. I saw the Akron show tonight and they were ragged as stated. Of course it's still a long season and the Green Machine should improve.

Scores are automated because there's no real scoring data to base anything off of. I didn't want to have to shorten the season by a week because DCI's season is shorter, so the first few nights' worth of scoring may be a bit off as a result.

I am confused... I thought:

If the season is live, then the value for each caption is based on the final spot that the corps finished at the previous DCI Championships. The value, and Finals score, for each corps from each season are listed in the topic DCP-I Fantasy Corps costs and codes.

I had no idea that the captions changed.

Edited by TubaJon

I am confused... I thought:

If the season is live, then the value for each caption is based on the final spot that the corps finished at the previous DCI Championships. The value, and Finals score, for each corps from each season are listed in the topic DCP-I Fantasy Corps costs and codes.

I had no idea that the captions changed.

The cost for a corps for each caption is based off of placement at the previous year's Championships. You get that corps' actual score in that caption throughout the season, though. On nights where that corps doesn't compete, you get a generated score that I believe is based on the weighted total for that caption (which is explained in more detail on the site, I believe).