Stadium Carry-in Policy

Hi - I will be going to the Murpheesboro TN show this summer (2013), after many, many years of watching from far away where I live, in Japan. So I'm stoked.

But I understand that stadiums have become stricter about what you can or cannot carry in, and I seem to recall someone mentioning on here that they were refused entry because of their backpack. But memory's foggy and so I thought I'd ask:

What can and can't I carry into a drum corps show? I gather a small point and shoot camera is ok, but video cams are not ok.

How about a backpack (I mean, a book-bag sized one, not an assault-on-mt-everest one).

Any advice appreciated.

Hi - I will be going to the Murpheesboro TN show this summer (2013), after many, many years of watching from far away where I live, in Japan. So I'm stoked.

But I understand that stadiums have become stricter about what you can or cannot carry in, and I seem to recall someone mentioning on here that they were refused entry because of their backpack. But memory's foggy and so I thought I'd ask:

What can and can't I carry into a drum corps show? I gather a small point and shoot camera is ok, but video cams are not ok.

How about a backpack (I mean, a book-bag sized one, not an assault-on-mt-everest one).

Any advice appreciated.

Last I knew, backpacks were still allowed, but are subject to search. That was a few years ago when I last went to Murfreesboro.

Thanks Toby! I'll also call the stadium to ask, as well.

• 3 months later...

By the way, I brought a small backpack to the Murphreesboro TN 2013 show, and, it was not allowed. I missed two corps because of that.

• 2 weeks later...

Any advice appreciated.

I will talk with my friend Brian and get back to you with more info ASAP. He is a student there, so I'm sure he will know their stadium policy. In the meantime, I found this policy online for the Murphy Center complex which is all inclusive. Here is the link http://www.mtsu.edu/murphycenter/documents/MurphyCenterPolicyManual.pdf

edit: Disregard...I just realized this post was for this past season...

Edited by Liahona