2013 Rankings

Sure, in a perfect world, the best performance at prelims would come out on top, regardless of the performance order. But prelims/finals, more that any other show usually becomes more about ranking and numbers management. Case in point....does anyone really believe that the 6th place corps in DCA finals truly is deserving of a 90+ score?

Waiting for someone to come on here with the "back in my day with the tick system, these corps would barely be breaking 60!!!" argument. :tongue:

• Like 1

If the highest scores for each corps by list, similar to Spandy's, were then split 1 to 6 and 6 to 12 for both Open and A..........and then have a random draw within those two groups for an appearance order for prelims, it is simple, effective, and seemingly fair,............IMO

My last understanding is that this model is very similar to the way appearance orders are set for regular season shows,..........

If the highest scores for each corps by list, similar to Spandy's, were then split 1 to 6 and 6 to 12 for both Open and A..........and then have a random draw within those two groups for an appearance order for prelims, it is simple, effective, and seemingly fair,............IMO

My last understanding is that this model is very similar to the way appearance orders are set for regular season shows,..........

I like that idea, but I might break it down a little further. 1-4, 5-8, 8-12

Competing the final week of the regular season can be just as much of a disadvantage in terms of not having that time to refine your show as other corps do. Think about it. Sure you didn't end up with the highest score before prelims, not a bad thing. Having that hunger as you go on before prelims to get that top spot come finals night, I can only imagine would be even more rewarding when it does happen.

Edited by Reeses0316

After what happened in DCI when Madison went on last through that random draw for the top 5

and won with a great closer and rather fair to middling rest of the show before it... note DCI did NOT repeat that experiment and I am certain the DCA member corps would rail against something like that with that incident in mind.

As for 90 plus scores, if the contestant meets the box descriptors for that performance and the number is in the 90+ point range, that is where they should be scored, period. The way the system is built, there's enough room to rank and rate and still get the placements right. If the corps are that good, they deserve the reward for their excellence.

• Like 5

Whwn are the judges going to give the Sunrisers a score that is right for the show they are performing, only going up 1 point in 2 weeks is bull sh***.

• Like 2

Whwn are the judges going to give the Sunrisers a score that is right for the show they are performing, only going up 1 point in 2 weeks is bull sh***.

When they figure out that two Class A corps should have gone on before ANY Open Class corps at a Regional.

• Like 2

maybe so,............but I can't think of a better idea,............got any?

Three ideas:

1. Draw by score band(someone else was talking about it)

2. Designate a weekend where everyone( or nearly everyone) is out as the seeding weekend.

3. I'm fine with seeding based on last year's finals. It is the only benefit for doing well last year, and was the last show that the corps were judges in the same place at the same time. That is as fair as it could be in my opinion.

3. I'm fine with seeding based on last year's finals. It is the only benefit for doing well last year, and was the last show that the corps were judges in the same place at the same time. That is as fair as it could be in my opinion.

I dont think a different corps make up should have any impact on the next years corps. Its a different corps each year and the two should not be tied together.