2013 Rankings

They used to take each corps last 3 scores and balance them out that way ,it sure seems the better way of doing the seatings for preliums .Don't know when they stopped doing that ,

Edited by Florida Sun

They used to take each corps last 3 scores and balance them out that way ,it sure seems the better way of doing the seatings for preliums .Don't when they stopped do that ,

There could be a problem with that. It almost behooves you to wait till the last weekend of the season then come out and zing a huge number. Seen some huge tricks being played in various band circuits over the years with certain ways to seed people by or on certain dates and seen a lot of groups over and underrated anyway which really messed up a lot of seedings.

You'd have to average the scores after a certain date. Otherwise you unfairly penalize the corps who come to early contests. Why would they want to go out?

Maybe then, you just stay out of the loop so you don't get two weaker numbers to average in and go throw the big number out late.

From experience, things like that cause units to avoid shows rather than attend to circumvent the rules. Seeing as people I think would want want corps to go to shows, and as many as possible so fans will want to attend, spend money, and be happy, that's not necessarily the best answer to the dilemma.

Requiring corps to show up for weekends x, y, and z might be tricky as well. Corps A might have a major fundraiser or have to attend the very important for local outreach and relations St. Aunt Ethel's blueberry festival parade on one of those weekends. Yah can't penalize them for that, really. Not in this kind of environment.

Edited by BigW

To bad Govies and White Sabers aren't in Open, they would make top 10! Govies clearly should win being 5 points ahead and WS is clearly in second. I don't think anything will change that. It's to bad that they couldn't be moved up to Open.

After what happened in DCI when Madison went on last through that random draw for the top 5

and won with a great closer and rather fair to middling rest of the show before it... note DCI did NOT repeat that experiment and I am certain the DCA member corps would rail against something like that with that incident in mind.

this happened in DCI Prelims?,...........what year?

this happened in DCI Prelims?,...........what year?

I dunno,.........sounds like an anomoly

Edit: in looking at scores from 1988, I had forgotten that that was a different era where there were no focus shows, and sub groups like East, South, Midwest etc. still existed,...........so I am thinking it is really not a fair comparison as DCI has completely changed the system since then,............

Edited by Gary Matczak

How do you figure?

No sour grapes here, but the one time MBI went on after the Bucs, due to a hurricane no less, was the only time that they won.

Going on later changes the mindset of the performing group and the perception of the ensemble.

It may be the difference between playing with the sun in your face. It does matter and should be decided on a weekend that everyone has a chance to compete. Another system would be better.

No offense to my fine MBI friends, but 11 was the only year the really had a chance. And Govies have gone on all over the place at prelims and won

• Like 2

Sure, in a perfect world, the best performance at prelims would come out on top, regardless of the performance order. But prelims/finals, more that any other show usually becomes more about ranking and numbers management. Case in point....does anyone really believe that the 6th place corps in DCA finals truly is deserving of a 90+ score?

Based on the criteria on the sheets, yes they do

• Like 1

Whwn are the judges going to give the Sunrisers a score that is right for the show they are performing, only going up 1 point in 2 weeks is bull sh***.

May help to have all 5 bass drums show up ya know?

• Like 4