2013 Rankings

I'd like to know why someone would give red flags to a person asking an honest question .And Jeff we know they where missing base drumers but from John;s review it did not affect there show ,So i;ll ask again ,Sunrisers have not been moving in scores as some others have ,Suns show is much better than a few corps above them as John said in his review ,So maybe you should all be looking around and asking the same question ,

it had to affect their show. huge gaps in readability musically, and probably visually as well.

My take on Sun in one viewing was consistency is an issue.....the book may just be more than the kids can nail every time, the same way.

• Like 1

I don't recall that when Canadian corps were involved?

no, thats the 51st state

:tongue:/>

Bill, I think Canadian corps are considered "North American corps" along with those from the USA.

International corps are the ones like Heartliner, Kidsgrove, Inspires, and Southern Knights who have come here from outside of North America.

Got it Fran, thanks; I had a "brain fart" failing to remember DCA, as an organization, consists only of North American corps as the formal representation of the association.

I'd like to know why someone would give red flags to a person asking an honest question .And Jeff we know they where missing base drumers but from John;s review it did not affect there show ,So i;ll ask again ,Sunrisers have not been moving in scores as some others have ,Suns show is much better than a few corps above them as John said in his review ,So maybe you should all be looking around and asking the same question ,

While I love the passion of our alumni, please lets all be clear that these comments are NOT coming from the Sunrisers - the Sunrisers are going about our business, working hard and looking forward to performing at the Hurricanes Fanfare 2013 show this Saturday!

See you on the 50!!

Larry

• Like 4

To bad Govies and White Sabers aren't in Open, they would make top 10! Govies clearly should win being 5 points ahead and WS is clearly in second. I don't think anything will change that. It's to bad that they couldn't be moved up to Open.

Competing against the Govies for many years, I always thought (some times not to my self),how the hell did they beat us (Kilties). Always found them entertaining.... but.... This year I saw them in Racine. Believe me when I say, they are the real deal. As good as Brass was at that show,I was more entertained by the Govies.

And Larry P does a spot on imitation of R.Grupp....Standing for 99% of the time in the pitworthy.gif Love ya Larry! Love ya Mr Grupp!

Kilties have a good solid show. The only disadvantage they have, is they will not get that last weekend score.

Good luck to all, Remember it's all for the crowd.

OH YEAH GO MIDWEST!!!!!!

Edited by JCSeymour
  • Like 1

Class A:

[...]

Lakeshoremen

Has there been any word on whether Lakeshoremen will appear at Prelims next week?

Will heartliner have a slotting score?

I got a very good look at them yesterday. They'll be fine. They have a good program. they have a good staff, some vets from DCA and DCI units, and they work hard and smart. I have some reasonable guesses where they will end up after this weekend but I'll wait and see where the scores lie. Percussion will be key to their number, and they're busting their cans to clean it.