It was posted on DCP several years ago and then the link was removed ... maybe Fran knows ...

There is no video of the Ski Mask Cadets.

None was ever made.

There was a bad cassette recording made... but I have no idea where that ended up.

So... until they appear again... that 1981 show remains their one, and only, performance.

Thank God for small favors. :tongue:

• Like 1

There is no video of the Ski Mask Cadets.

None was ever made.

There was a bad cassette recording made... but I have no idea where that ended up.

So... until they appear again... that 1981 show remains their one, and only, performance.

Thank God for small favors. :tongue:/>

Then I must be thinking of something different ... did they perform indoors on a basketball court? ... a combination of the Sunrisers and another corps (or corps?) ... I could have sworn there was a grainy vid of them posted at one time somewhere on the net ... oh well ... another brain cell gone dead ... time for somemore vino ...

:-)

Then I must be thinking of something different ... did they perform indoors on a basketball court? ... a combination of the Sunrisers and another corps (or corps?) ... I could have sworn there was a grainy vid of them posted at one time somewhere on the net ... oh well ... another brain cell gone dead ... time for somemore vino ...

That was a mini corps named "One More Time". It was made of members of the Bushwackers and the Sunrisers, circa 1986/87?

• Like 1

""Passing the Vino":

There is another "One Night Wonder" in the form of the "Rummies" mini-corpse. It was an congregation of Garfield Cadets, St Raphaels Buccaneers, St Lucys Cadets, and ??????????????? hornplayers that got together in the parking lot of the olde Staten Island Thunderbirds Legion post, "Learned" Garfield's olde "Intermission Riff" concert piece and performed it on the stage as an "Interlude" during the T-Birds infamous "All Nighter" of an individual contest WAY back in 1962.

Elphaba

• Like 1

Wow ... the Joe Schultz Cadets ...first Mini Corps to appear at DCA ... no? ... they making a comeback? ... you should document all the original players someday for historical purposes ... even Fran's Ski Mask Bandits (or whatever) have a video out somewhere ...

For Historical purposes, the original Joe Schultz Cadets were folks from the Oceanside Legionnaires who took pieces of the East Rockaway FD Band uniforms, altered them, and went into I&E shows as "The Joe Schultz Cadets from the Lower East Side" back in the 60s.

We revived the name back in 1990 and were the original mini-corps champ. We had some pretty serious players with Joe Guido, Bob Gaff, Dan Fitz, Scott Friend, Rich Chiappetta on set, Bob Kogut on vibes, Mary and Rob Hardy on percussion and mello respectively... oh man I'm slipping on the name of a good friend on soprano - just blanking - Jerry Ware and Chumly on baritone - Steve Anderman at some shows. I'm doing an injustice by forgetting folks.

It was fun though - started out as something for the GAS reunion. If you can follow that geography we had people from Baltimore to Boston playing...

And yes, we talk about a sort of reunion from time to time...

• Like 1

It was fun though - started out as something for the GAS reunion. If you can follow that geography we had people from Baltimore to Boston playing...

Then get Nike as a sponsor and ... JUST DO IT ... went to my first GAS in 10 years this past May and the "Talent SHow" is still as great as ever ... cross-pollination groups all over the place ... speaking of the GAS, anyone know where it's being held in 2014?

:thumbup:/>/>

Edited by ajlisko

yeah, and I'll see you in Downingtown.......maybe you'll get lucky and sit behind me.... for that pleasure I'll dine on hot dogs, baked beans and sauerktaut :devil:

Guido the Vertically Challenged

edited for truth

:tongue:/>/>

hey buddy, I believe the soprano you're forgetting is Carol.....

Guido

For Historical purposes, the original Joe Schultz Cadets were folks from the Oceanside Legionnaires who took pieces of the East Rockaway FD Band uniforms, altered them, and went into I&E shows as "The Joe Schultz Cadets from the Lower East Side" back in the 60s.

We revived the name back in 1990 and were the original mini-corps champ. We had some pretty serious players with Joe Guido, Bob Gaff, Dan Fitz, Scott Friend, Rich Chiappetta on set, Bob Kogut on vibes, Mary and Rob Hardy on percussion and mello respectively... oh man I'm slipping on the name of a good friend on soprano - just blanking - Jerry Ware and Chumly on baritone - Steve Anderman at some shows. I'm doing an injustice by forgetting folks.

hey buddy, I believe the soprano you're forgetting is Carol.....

Guido

Jim ... what are you trying to say? ...

:w00t:/>

Edited by ajlisko

uh oh.....did I mis-speak again????? nah!!!!

was Kevin in on contra?????? man, what a kick........

Guido

Jim ... what are you trying to say? ...

:w00t:/>/>