thanks for the review Kyle......I too was confused (as I am most of the time). about some of the finer points of both Buc's and Cabs shows......Cabs guard so much that I needed to talk to their caption head to have her splain it to me.....thanx Kristi....not Ravel but Unravel......OK :doh:

Guido

Great review Kyle. Thank you!

Next on was Fusion Core.

other than 1 MAJOR thing that I thing was just completely unacceptable to the paying audience. Out of their entire show, the color guard did maybe about 2 minutes of work, with the weapons doing just a little bit more. I understand that this is early on in the season, but now they will be playing catchup to everyone else in the circuit if they didn't feel ready to perform over 3/4 of their show.

Cadets 2 then came to the field.

Right from the beginning, C2 sounded like a much more mature line. I wasn't a fan of their program last year, but this year I'm a huge fan of. I can't say this is a knock off of 89 Cadets, although there were a few nods to that great show. The color guard seemed to wear a non-complete uniform. They had a few holes in the drill, but I think they marched a pretty good program. I think this program could do very well against the other competitors, although I don't think for the top spot. For the last minute of their show, they stood still and ended probably about 90 seconds before they should have so I'm guessing the penalty is under time again. They are at a much better start from where they were at their first show last year which was 1 month later. Due to the low stands, it was really tough to get engaged in their visual drill package, but that doesn't take away from the achievement of what they are doing at all. I noticed some great feet technique in some of the members that give it that Cadet look, but not from all. I'm definitely a big fan of this show!

At Least FUSION was done with their visual and musical program. Some other corps stood for the last 2 minutes and were still around 1:30 under time. ?

• Like 2

Al, how can you say Fusion was done with their visual program when the guard did almost nothing. Also, said corps that you are referring to had a much more demanding show. I know you are on staff there, but you don't have to be a homer and not point out faults in other programs.

Edited by Kyle B
  • Like 2

Kyle, great job, Keep the powder dry, good to see your perspective. Stick to your guns.

:thumbup:

Question- If Bush can either get more horns or close down the holes, do they have a solid crack at top 10 in Open? Just sounding you out on the issue. I'm looking forward to seeing them later.

I'm not sure how many corps are going for Open Class, so if the answer is 11, then I think they have a shot of coming back. I think they need to balance the drumline to brass line and rework some sections to make them more achievable.

I'm hoping to get up to Bridgeport, I guess I should do another review. I didn't get too much hate mail :tongue:

I'm hoping to get up to Bridgeport, I guess I should do another review. I didn't get too much hate mail :tongue:/>

I hope you make it - I look forward to your next review!