Wrong Step in Right Direction

I blame all of this on the success of Cabaret Voltaire.

This thread scares me.

The question that arises in my head would be

'What could any ensemble do in a more "athletic" or "dance-related" uniform (or costume, even) that they can't do now that would yield a more effective product on the field?' The Cadets may have done it in 2011, but I'm not really sure what more can be done...

Bend at the waist.

Seriously, drum corps in polyester uniforms and nurses shoes is like watching olympic track stars jump hurdles in pantsuits.

Edited by danielray

How about some Eâ™­ Cornets to go with the dance costumes?

Already happened. There have been more than a few corps that have used Eb trumpets or cornets over the years.

There goes Daniel Ray the Infallible again going over the top with unsubstantiated personal opinions and declaring them facts. Look at the above statements.

No examples for his proof, no examples for his solution but just alot of drama to get himself attention, and in this case I suspect the possibility that he can make money (based on his past thread opinions and proposals.)

Well, seeing as everything we have been doing these days has been 100% free for the kids, i'm sort of sucking at the making money from kid's marching band thing. smile.gif

If my aim was to make money, I would shut up and do it, rather than talk about it here. If anything, the thought would be to give some other groups out there some ideas to potentially explore.

Anyway, uniforms are kind of outdated.

Edited by danielray

With all due respect, I wonder if Michael Cesario has too much involvement with too many corps creating a more uniform look throughout

I strongly dislike many of the WGI uniforms but they are form = function so what might work in a gym on 30 people would never work on a football field for 100 plus – someone will make that mistake soon

Often, after a big uniform change, it take the visual staff a year to create a drill that works better for that uniform

Yep, there needs to be more diversity. There are less than 5 designers out there.... and only a few manufacturers all doing pretty much the same thing.

Auuugh I knew I had the spelling wrong! Thank you!

No Problem. I wouldn't win any Spelling Bee competitions either.

Pants don't work. Look at Madison in 2010- they had a white belt with the shirt tucked in. I'm not sure how it went together, but the white belt just accented the hip movement and looked bad.

I liked that look.

Bend at the waist.

Seriously, drum corps in polyester uniforms and nurses shoes is like watching olympic track stars jump hurdles in pantsuits.

Some folks will complain about any and everything. So now we're making an issue over bibbers? Really?