Four Florida Corps ALL going to Annapolis

Don't let there be a thought of a hurricane though!

• Like 1

I couldn't leave NY quick enough 8 years ago. I can't imagine it's gotten any better.

I defiantly get the impression from peeps that its a great place to visit but a terrible place to live.

Don't let there be a thought of a hurricane though!

Yeppers. All 4 have to get there. That's for sure.

Best of luck to them.

• Like 1

I defiantly get the impression from peeps that its a great place to visit but a terrible place to live.

I feel that way about the northeast. That's why after living in Pennsylvania for 29 years, I made to move to the sunshine state. Don't regret it for a minute.

Speaking of hurricanes...Yes FL is sitting there waiting for one or five hurricanes BUT the whole east coast is as well. Annapolis is in that area of the east coast too. So was Rochester oddly enough a few years ago. Moving DCA to Ohio or the Midwest isn't good as there are more tornadoes than ever before. Calgary is out of the question due to flooding. Colorado? To hot and on fire.

• Like 1

I left New York after the Christmas Blizzard that dumped 6 ft in that one snow fall 2010 And then we got more snow on top of that every two days thur Jan,Packed the truck and drove down Feb,1 and never looked back .although i was just up there From May 5 thur June 5 to help my sister pack up and head to Florida .One more coming as soon soon as she sells her home in Mineola ,Thats where i frist joined Sunrisers 63 thur 69 back in 74 then back again in 80 thur 83 And if that wasn't enough ,Back in 2007 as interim Dirertor ,Walked into a friday night rehersal and felt like home .Iknew 60 percent of the corps from marching with the Queensmen .Boy im getting Older .LOLQuestion are all the Florida Corps looking into the same bus company? I would think the more the you rent the cheaper .

Edited by Florida Sun
  • Like 1

Speaking of hurricanes...Yes FL is sitting there waiting for one or five hurricanes BUT the whole east coast is as well. Annapolis is in that area of the east coast too. So was Rochester oddly enough a few years ago. Moving DCA to Ohio or the Midwest isn't good as there are more tornadoes than ever before. Calgary is out of the question due to flooding. Colorado? To hot and on fire.

So... what you're saying is we may have to hold the DCA championship on Mars. :tongue:

• Like 1

Question are all the Florida Corps looking into the same bus company? I would think the more the you rent the cheaper .

We are using the same company for all of our travel this summer. By doing so, they have agreed to lower our cost for each trip. I actually need to write a press release about that because they are really great.

Corps endorsement coming soon...

Dear DCA Weather-Whiners on this thread who keep touting that Florida is so great and the Northeast ain't-

Get over it. Different things for different folks.

The kids on the DCI thread all talk about hating "Swamp Tour": the Gulf States with their horrendous summer heat and hell-acious humidity. At least with cold and snow, you can always put a sweater on; you can't always take them off. Your daily rain and lightening storms during the summer (which you fraudulantly never put on your tourist brochures) is a major reason why there is no drum corps tour in Florida anymore.

Now some of my best friends in drum corps are folks who live and grew up down there in North Cuba. (In fact, my parents even retired there before returning north and I have family there.) But I as a diabetic and someone with other physical ailments agree with the DCI kids. Like them, I end up spending most of my time visiting the South in the bathroom. It ain't my cup of tea.

But, I ask, why does every Florida TV station start its news broadcast with the weather report up North? Is it merely so you can pat yourself on the back and say, Oh this is great this land of make-believe where I ran away from all my troubles up-north??? Well how about your insects bigger than a man's hand, your salamanders and snakes and crocs and alligators??? That you have to throw ice in the pool in the summer before you can go swimming, and never during daylight hours??? Come on, who are you kidding????!!!!

Edited by drilltech1
  • Like 2