Four Florida Corps ALL going to Annapolis

Dear DCA Weather-Whiners on this thread who keep touting that Florida is so great and the Northeast ain't-

Get over it. Different things for different folks.

The kids on the DCI thread all talk about hating "Swamp Tour": the Gulf States with their horrendous summer heat and hell-acious humidity. At least with cold and snow, you can always put a sweater on; you can't always take them off. Your daily rain and lightening storms during the summer (which you fraudulantly never put on your tourist brochures) is a major reason why there is no drum corps tour in Florida anymore.

Now some of my best friends in drum corps are folks who live and grew up down there in North Cuba. (In fact, my parents even retired there before returning north and I have family there.) But I as a diabetic and someone with other physical ailments agree with the DCI kids. Like them, I end up spending most of my time visiting the South in the bathroom. It ain't my cup of tea.

But, I ask, why does every Florida TV station start its news broadcast with the weather report up North? Is it merely so you can pat yourself on the back and say, Oh this is great this land of make-believe where I ran away from all my troubles up-north??? Well how about your insects bigger than a man's hand, your salamanders and snakes and crocs and alligators??? That you have to throw ice in the pool in the summer before you can go swimming, and never during daylight hours??? Come on, who are you kidding????!!!!

I'm guessing someone will never work for the Florida Tourism Bureau. :tongue:

• Like 5

I left New York after the Christmas Blizzard that dumped 6 ft in that one snow fall 2010 And then we got more snow on top of that every two days thur Jan,Packed the truck and drove down Feb,1 and never looked back .although i was just up there From May 5 thur June 5 to help my sister pack up and head to Florida .One more coming as soon soon as she sells her home in Mineola ,Thats where i frist joined Sunrisers 63 thur 69 back in 74 then back again in 80 thur 83 And if that wasn't enough ,Back in 2007 as interim Dirertor ,Walked into a friday night rehersal and felt like home .Iknew 60 percent of the corps from marching with the Queensmen .Boy im getting Older .LOLQuestion are all the Florida Corps looking into the same bus company? I would think the more the you rent the cheaper .

BUS? Been there done that. We Fly.

• Like 3

So... what you're saying is we may have to hold the DCA championship on Mars. :tongue:/>

Or in a dome :peek:

• Like 1

Dear DCA Weather-Whiners on this thread who keep touting that Florida is so great and the Northeast ain't-

Get over it. Different things for different folks.

The kids on the DCI thread all talk about hating "Swamp Tour": the Gulf States with their horrendous summer heat and hell-acious humidity. At least with cold and snow, you can always put a sweater on; you can't always take them off. Your daily rain and lightening storms during the summer (which you fraudulantly never put on your tourist brochures) is a major reason why there is no drum corps tour in Florida anymore.

Now some of my best friends in drum corps are folks who live and grew up down there in North Cuba. (In fact, my parents even retired there before returning north and I have family there.) But I as a diabetic and someone with other physical ailments agree with the DCI kids. Like them, I end up spending most of my time visiting the South in the bathroom. It ain't my cup of tea.

But, I ask, why does every Florida TV station start its news broadcast with the weather report up North? Is it merely so you can pat yourself on the back and say, Oh this is great this land of make-believe where I ran away from all my troubles up-north??? Well how about your insects bigger than a man's hand, your salamanders and snakes and crocs and alligators??? That you have to throw ice in the pool in the summer before you can go swimming, and never during daylight hours??? Come on, who are you kidding????!!!!

Someone's suffering from sunshine envy... :cool:

• Like 2

Someone's suffering from sunshine envy... :cool:/>

No, mellanoma. Have to be out of the sun past 9:30 am until about 7 p.m., just in time for a drum corps show.

• Like 2