Stanford Showdown

Sitting in my hotel room, down the street from Stanford! Can't wait for tomorrow night! Really excited to see Blue Knights.....and all the rest. Go SCV!!

• Like 1

Performance order might hold the key. Tonight, BD went on right after Crown. Tomorrow night, SCV is between them. It could change things around. Or Crown's guard could have a more solid run and open up the spread.

GO SCV! hope they can close the gap.

Also quite excited to see Blue Knights again. I really liked their show.

• Like 1

The one thing I think people need to keep in mind this early is that there is one thing Blue Devils have over just about everyone else. They know how to finish. Not to say that others can't improve significantly through the season, but BD has maintained virtually the same staff for literaly decades. They have proven that when it comes to the last two weeks nobody closes like BD. I wouldn't put much, if any, stock in these early scores. Not to say that Crown or Cadets, or some other corps can't win in August, but if it is close coming down the stretch, my money is on Gibbs, Johnson, Chandler, Downey and the rest of that incredible staff.

• Like 4

I think when BD fields their entire show, there will be a bump in their favor.....but as mentioned after the first viewing of CC's show last week, CC has their best design ever (in terms of competitiveness with BD). I haven't seen Cadets yet, but I think this will be BD/CC back and forth all summer. We'll see how CC's drums hold up, but their two previous weaknesses (from time to time): Guard and Percussion, appear to be competitive to BD this year. It all adds up to excitement for all...all the way to finals.

• Like 4

The one thing I think people need to keep in mind this early is that there is one thing Blue Devils have over just about everyone else. They know how to finish. Not to say that others can't improve significantly through the season, but BD has maintained virtually the same staff for literaly decades. They have proven that when it comes to the last two weeks nobody closes like BD. I wouldn't put much, if any, stock in these early scores. Not to say that Crown or Cadets, or some other corps can't win in August, but if it is close coming down the stretch, my money is on Gibbs, Johnson, Chandler, Downey and the rest of that incredible staff.

Homer!!!

Cadets' finals week surge are famous. BD is not the only one. Get real.

• Like 3