Stanford Showdown

And please lets not have anyone compare anymore the 93 Star with 2013 BD " Rite of Spring ". Because if you want to, I prefer 93 Star's show WAY, WAY more than this 2013 BD edition.

That said, as no surprise to most, BD was loved by the DCI judges once again tonite and pull back ahead of Crown, and by a pretty comfortable margin as well.

The judges know what they like and prefer. But what are we gonna do ? It is what it is, and so thats that.

Star 93 stretched the activity and was one of the most creative shows I ever saw. BD 2013? Not even close. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

• Like 3

I think one of the big goals the Blue Devils have, as anyone else would, is for their listeners to have a strong emotional reaction to their music. Whether you like it or not, by reacting the way a lot of folks are on here, for better or for worse they have accomplished what I think they set out to. For that, I have no issue with them winning tonight.

I don't think they are reacting emotionally to the show. The show isn't really that controversial. Nor does it evoke much emotion (which may be my biggest problem with it ). They are just expressing their BD hate, which has developed over the years after watching BD beat their favorite corps nearly every year.

• Like 3

First of all, a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS GOES OUT TO THE BLUE DEVILS. AND A HUGE CONGRATS GOES OUT TO EVERYBODY. Second, let's not all get discouraged. If you look on the bright side, these are the only two corps that are scoring real good. While everybody else is in the low 70s, Crown and BD are doing pretty good.

Now for the booing, that shows that some people have no class. You should be cheering for these brave young men and women who work their butts off to put on a good show. You might not like the show but you have to respect them. Drum Corps is a family sport and we must encourage not discourage. Crown should be happy and Blue Devils as well. Heck everyone should be happy. This year competition is probably the best in years. So let's cut out the booing and start cheering even if you do not like the show.

• Like 3

Guys don't fret.... I watched my team perform tonight and do a great job. But I thought Crown looked pretty sloppy visually. Add that to the fact that I predicted BD would top them tonight based on order of performance..... seems I'm a sooth sayer.

Crown will not go undefeated probably ever. They'll never been June clean like BD is known for.

I think this year more than most, the majority of the people have spoken. CC has the total package this season and control their own destiny to a certain extent.

I also think the percussion scores are a good sign. They aren't too far off BD. SCV maybe...but I don't think SCV has the horses to compete with CC, BD, or HNC, so keep BD at arms length is all they need.

I'm absolutely beside myself about the guard score. I just don't get it. Brass score is where it should be again :)

• Like 3

Hahaha...you people just cannot handle it. Such crybabies

So was over half the crowd. I might not have booed but I sure don't blame them for a show that has ABSOLUTELY no consideration for the audience. I'm ready for some Madison, Phantom, Jersey Surf, and other REAL shows. Come on. THEY GOT GOLF CLAPS AT A HOME SHOW. It's not just Crown homers, it's their own fans too...

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 4

same as last year's finals, I guess

this. I have always liked BD's guard and will likely enjoy them when the are better but tonight they were a mess. I have never seen them drop that much ever.

It's helps though when your previous roommate and someone who you instucted with for years, as well as your best girlfriend next door neighbor, who you brunch with, are on the slate and almost always have you in first place.

• Like 1