Stanford Showdown

Right now the only problem I have with Crown is that they didn't do a mass horn/drum thing with the red/blue cousins. :(

Thanks for coming though. Come back soon!

They did play something before the BBQ but I think was only BD+Crown. Don't remember where I saw the post.

How many home shows have you been to where the home team wins and the crowd boos! Pretty drum corps savvy crowd here didn't like what the judges had to say. Kinda interesting that George O flipped from the night before and we all know that Torcia will alway put BD first. DO you think any one has reviewed her scores and seen any bias? Cant even fathom ho BD color guard was placed in first tonight, had major drop in impact moments and if you call cradling and running to the from to switch to curved sticks well thought out transitions i don't know what to say. I guess they got there buts reamed in critique the night before and didn't wan to deal with the wrath of system blue!

• Like 3

Yes ... you are booing the fact that the judges rewarded a corps you don't like. How on earth is that not a comment on the corps you don't like? This isn't like a football game where you can boo the refs on a bad call without insulting one team or the other. It is booing a corps the won because you didn't want them to win. There is nothing that you can say that will change that ... and I would have to think that it would suck to be a member of that corps that has put in a lot of work to win only to be loudly booed because of it.

wah. go to a pHillies game, where the home town fans boo the team for stupid or lazy play.

Look, I don't condone booing. But some people feel they have no other option for expressing their discontent. Usually, that leads them to stop buying tickets. DCI doesn't need more of that

• Like 1

No, I just want to be entertained, and I'd like the designers to make a decent attempt at trying to entertain. I'd like to get the impression that they give a crap about the audience... just don't see it.

Well I was entertained by all the world class groups last night.

How many home shows have you been to where the home team wins and the crowd boos! Pretty drum corps savvy crowd here didn't like what the judges had to say. Kinda interesting that George O flipped from the night before and we all know that Torcia will alway put BD first. DO you think any one has reviewed her scores and seen any bias? Cant even fathom ho BD color guard was placed in first tonight, had major drop in impact moments and if you call cradling and running to the from to switch to curved sticks well thought out transitions i don't know what to say. I guess they got there buts reamed in critique the night before and didn't wan to deal with the wrath of system blue!

sorry I really don't understand your post.

No man that is how BD is. You can beat them in the first show but if you can't beat them in the second and third show it's by by. You will never catch them again. If you beat them 3 in a row. you can kick their ### all season. That is how they are. i don't know why but after 43 years I think I know their patterns.

They did play something before the BBQ but I think was only BD+Crown. Don't remember where I saw the post.

They were really good at the BBQ. I was hoping for them to do a big encore with BD and SCV after the show, would have been a complete wall of sound, but it might have broken the stadium getting that much power in one place.

To be honest BD usually does better if they lose the first show and then get get cranked and come out swinging hard after that. If they are ahead after that it's catch me if you can. if you beat them from the start they will never catch you. They don't know how to come from behind. Crown could have done it but it's not going to happen with this show. Way more powerful than last year.

In my Opinion this is Blue Devils best show EVER! I have not gotten chills like this since the 1999 show!

Good Luck nCrown! I hope you can beat this but I really doubt anyone will touch this show now;.

Not being a homer or crank or what ever I just know my history and I have a real feeling about this show. I really love drum and bugle corps. I think this is a very good year for great music and shows.

Good luck and have a great time!

• Like 1

Wow! The brass arrangement (ie, Downey's responsibility) was the part I liked best about the show.

Perhaps Newseditor needs to get HIS meds checked. :)

sorry I really don't understand your post.

No man that is how BD is. You can beat them in the first show but if you can't beat them in the second and third show it's by by. You will never catch them again. If you beat them 3 in a row. you can kick their ### all season. That is how they are. i don't know why but after 43 years I think I know their patterns.

The seasons over! Pack it up everyone! doh.gif