Bayonne's Tournament of Stars 6/22/13

I'm an admitted dinosaur, and totally unqualified to judge or critically comment upon today's drum corps offerings.

I do know what I like however, and I like drum corps from the 50's, 60's, 70's.... right up to the present day.

Last nite in Bayonne, NJ at the Bridgemen's TOS, in my opinion,there was something to interest & entertain every drum corps fan, 21st century, or 20th century percussionist relics relics like myself.

( I'm retired from drum corps and last played in an alumni battery in 2009)

I applaud and congratulate all of the performers, from five (5) DCA Alumni Corps, two (2) DCA competitive corps,

one DCI World Class corps, and the host Bridgemen Alumni corps, for a job well done.

It was a night of economical drum corps entertainment rarely if ever equaled in today's environment.

One could actually afford to take a family to this show.

From beginning to end, it was a nite of quality drum corps performances from everyone.

If you're anywhere within driving distance of Bayonne next June, don't miss the Bridgemen's Tournament of Stars.

I'm a homer; grew up and marched there, but thanks Bridgemen admin for doing this up right. The weather was great. The corps were great. The fans were appreciative and totally got their money's worth.

The combined Bridgemen, Skyliners & Saints offering of "TAPS" in tribute to our departed brother Gary Karpinski, was first class.

Can't wait to see next year's TOS offerings. Best wishes for continued success to all the participants last evening.

• Like 1

Very nice review.

Gary was a good kid - may he RIP.