I Love Crown -definately the gold

^^^ no he is not a BD honk at all^^^ Thank you garfield!

I love Carolina Crown's show (sans the teenager on the microphone) but BD just really spreads it all out and to see it from up top...Holy Cow it's even more amazing!!!

thank you Carolina Crown for coming out and all the really great stuff you did for us as an encore! (that was frea....kin Amaaaazing!) worthy.gif

• Like 2

Maybe I've had one too many scotch and waters, but I just finished watching the Stanford show and I gotta tell ya', BD is incredible this year.

I'm no BD honk by any stretch, but the epiphany came to me after watching, and loving, Crown. Their show is spectacular in all regard (well, except drums). It made sense, the theme came over and over again, the lush horns, the long chords, exceptionally brilliant writing, OK drill. Cleaned up and torque that drum line, and this is a definite winning show.

Then I watched BD. OMG! That show. I'm speechless. I've not been so engrossed in a BD show in years. I'm not sure I understand the poles ("Dances with Poles", hilarious and $1 to who ever said it first. Brasso?) But BD's show wins, hands down, on their drum line alone. At least 4 times I heard the drum line take center stage and, if they're THAT clean this early, they are going to be crazy clean in August. The show makes a lot more sense to me this year (again, think scotch perhaps) and, while I was a little "let down" with the ending, I can't get the rhythms of the show out of my head.

I hate to make finals predictions this early, but it's going to be a great fight for tenths to win this year.

No fair G....bait and switch!

• Like 1

and then there's Cadets.

Good Point George! Their drumline is very very flam heavy and clean as yellowish body fluid.

Personally their visual show is nowhere near as good as CC and BD but they are notorious for that dangerous August Push!

it's gonna be fun this year!

• Like 1

and then there's Cadets.

And wouldn't it be cool if Troopers & Pioneer grew their performances all season to a 1-2 finish in Indy come August.

PS - I am not knocking Cadets, just sayin', seriously - wouldn't it be cool if the activity was such that you could not, after the first weekend, predict with a high degree of certainty the top 3 at finals.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 2

No fair G....bait and switch!

No bait nor switch here, Plan. I watched Crown's show twice, then dragged Garfield's_kid in to watch, too. Then he left and I watched BD, twice, three times.

And no, I've not seen the eastern corps yet so I may change my mind. But that BD show had elements of the "old" BD, hard driving - intense. They really dragged me, kicking and screaming, into that show.

And that DRUMLINE! It was Garfield's_kid who reminded me that they have a gal as center snare this year. Amazing chops to lead those boys!

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

Good Point George! Their drumline is very very flam heavy and clean as yellowish body fluid.

Personally their visual show is nowhere near as good as CC and BD but they are notorious for that dangerous August Push!

it's gonna be fun this year!

Really?

• Like 2

Really?

Heh!

Garry in Vegas