2013 Scores Thread

Of course it's only an opinion, but I'm reasonably certain Cavies will not finish below 9th place. Just don't see it happening.

Well one thing we know is that some corps will fight harder than others. Last season we saw dramatic placement changes from start to finish due to this. The Cavaliers could go in either direction. It all depends on how much fight they have in them.

Duh your right...

Hello DCP,

I just got this idea and I don't know if this has been done before or not, but my idea is an official scores thread for the season of 2013. For some reason I always find the need to analyze the scores of DCI. This year it has come to the point where I've actually made an Excel sheet ordering the corps' placements as a result of their latest performances. I know it is not the most reliable was to know where the corps are relative to each other (DCI.org has a 1 week average chart here), but I find it to be a more immediate way for fans to have an idea of their favorite corps' standings between regionals.

I plan on updating this spreadsheet as scores come out and possibly adding the analyzation of individual captions too.

I encourage members to post scores per show in the comments.

Other useful score links:

-BK's website has some great score viewing features (currently not working. I have emailed the webmaster)

-http://www.fromthepressbox.com/ offers a timeline of shows along with their scores and brief recaps.

Please keep in mind: These scores are a reflection of each corps' latest performance. This chart is a collection of scores from different shows with different judges on different days within the tour and therefore cannot be perfectly accurate.

Current WC Standings

6-23_zpsa457ef7b.png

Current OC Standings

6-24oc_zps3348d555.jpg

And as always, if I made any mistakes please inform me so I can correct them ASAP! And if anyone has any useful information or links to add I'll add those as well!

Thanks for all the hard work but if you look at the top of the page DCP has "Scores and Stats" that you can click on then hit ranking and there it is. Might save you some time.

bass5,

I completely forgot about that! However, I still value this thread as a good place for us to talk scores. I'll be adding a link to the DCP scores page when I update it tonight. Thanks.

Nice to see that I'm not the only one who does spreadsheets for DCI scores. :) I've been making spreadsheets with all sorts of formulas pretty much since I marched back in 2004. I usually have multiple trends that I'm look at, like average placement over the season, average score (totaled), average score for last 3 shows, average score for last week of shows, increase from 1st show to current, increase from beginning to midseason, increase from midseason to end... etc... Then I use those number to try and predict what will happen come finals time. I always get close, but never perfectly nail the score... which just goes to show that scores are definitely unpredictable.

Hello DCP,

I just got this idea and I don't know if this has been done before or not, but my idea is an official scores thread for the season of 2013. For some reason I always find the need to analyze the scores of DCI. This year it has come to the point where I've actually made an Excel sheet ordering the corps' placements as a result of their latest performances. I know it is not the most reliable was to know where the corps are relative to each other (DCI.org has a 1 week average chart here), but I find it to be a more immediate way for fans to have an idea of their favorite corps' standings between regionals.

I plan on updating this spreadsheet as scores come out and possibly adding the analyzation of individual captions too.

I encourage members to post scores per show in the comments.

Other useful score links:

-BK's website has some great score viewing features (currently not working. I have emailed the webmaster)

-http://www.fromthepressbox.com/ offers a timeline of shows along with their scores and brief recaps.

Please keep in mind: These scores are a reflection of each corps' latest performance. This chart is a collection of scores from different shows with different judges on different days within the tour and therefore cannot be perfectly accurate.

Current WC Standings

6-23_zpsa457ef7b.png

Current OC Standings

6-24oc_zps3348d555.jpg

And as always, if I made any mistakes please inform me so I can correct them ASAP! And if anyone has any useful information or links to add I'll add those as well!

FYI, Cincinnati Tradition isn't Open Class but All Age. You might wish to create a separate category for them and the other All Age corps,* or you could omit them entirely, since they're also being tracked on this thread in the DCA forum.

*It appear that the other All Age corps being scored at DCI shows are Atlanta CV, Carolina Gold, Govenaires, Kilties, Minnesota Brass, Muchachos, and SoCal Dream.

FYI, Cincinnati Tradition isn't Open Class but All Age. You might wish to create a separate category for them and the other All Age corps,* or you could omit them entirely, since they're also being tracked on this thread in the DCA forum.

*It appear that the other All Age corps being scored at DCI shows are Atlanta CV, Carolina Gold, Govenaires, Kilties, Minnesota Brass, Muchachos, and SoCal Dream.

Thanks! Corrected. I knew something seemed off when I typed their name in...

Glad to see the Madison Scouts getting off to a good start.

• Like 3

ph34r.gif Edited by Nine White Russians
  • Like 2