Summer Olympic Games in Cincinnati

Wow, this could make some interesting shake up for the G7 at the end of this year.

I really hate asking this question because I love drum corps and don't want to sound ignorant but I keep seeing G7 or G6 on multiple posts, what is G6 or7?

For sure. It might be a stretch to consider, but it's possible both Madison and BK could pass Blue Coats. If Cavies don't rise above them, that could result in TWO of the G7...out of the top 7.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume bloo isn't going to have something to say about that.

I really hate asking this question because I love drum corps and don't want to sound ignorant but I keep seeing G7 or G6 on multiple posts, what is G6 or7?

The supposedly top 7 Corps.

Do a search here...you'll find more than you bargained for about those guys.

• Like 1

7 corps put out a proposal for a new direction for DCI a couple years ago. They proposed giving themselves all the voting power and dividing the corps into different competitive groups (so corps like Boston and Madison would not be in the same group as the "top" 7). It was voted down. The DCI Board of Directors called an emergency meeting and voted a bunch of the G7 directors off of the DCI executive board. Beyond that, you should look at some of the old threads.

• Like 1

For sure. It might be a stretch to consider, but it's possible both Madison and BK could pass Bluecoats. If Cavies don't rise above them, that could result in TWO of the G7...out of the top 7.

What are you basing this on?

Edited by crownisking

For sure. It might be a stretch to consider, but it's possible both Madison and BK could pass Blue Coats. If Cavies don't rise above them, that could result in TWO of the G7...out of the top 7.

Why think its bluecoats that could get past? Coats have already beat Phantom head to head this season.

• Like 1

Bluecoats

Good: such a phenominal show. These kids are performing the heck out of it.

Bad: fatigue set in towards the end tonight.

Will be in contention for a medal come august.

• Like 2

Calling

Cadets

Coats

Scouts

Spirit

Cavies

Troop

Bluecoats

Good: such a phenominal show. These kids are performing the heck out of it.

Bad: fatigue set in towards the end tonight.

Will be in contention for a medal come august.

It would be really interesting if bd, crown, scv, cadets, phantom, and bluecoats can all stay withing a 2 to 2.5 point range when they all meet up in minnesota. How often can we say that 6 corps have the show AND the ability to possibly medal?

• Like 1