Mandarins' show & Related Newspaper Article

For anyone interested, The Sacramento Bee recently published an article about Angel Island. It's an interesting little read that gives a little more insight into the history that inspired the Mandarins' "Destination America" show.

Here's the link:

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/06/23/5512770/angel-island-haunting-history.html

1sw2Vx.Xl.4.jpeg

Edited by brassboy

For anyone interested, The Sacramento Bee recently published an article about Angel Island. It's an interesting little read that gives a little more insight into the history that inspired the Mandarins' "Destination America" show.

Wow! Thanks for the link. I knew there was an interesting story behind their spellbinding narration this year. You found it for me. Talk about a bold show. Thanks Mandarins for bringing a true, bittersweet tale of the Chinese immigrant experience to drum corps! I hope everyone makes a point to see this show this year.

• Like 1

Wow! Thanks for the link. I knew there was an interesting story behind their spellbinding narration this year. You found it for me. Talk about a bold show. Thanks Mandarins for bringing a true, bittersweet tale of the Chinese immigrant experience to drum corps! I hope everyone makes a point to see this show this year.

Glad you found that interesting too. The Mandarins also shared a link to this video tour of Angel Island:

They have a good show! I wish they wore the new uniforms at Stanford but the old ones were real nice too! I really think that Mandarins are filling the gap left by Freelancers. (not that Mandarins were not around mind you)

I am really happy how California is once again becoming a hot bed of activity!