Rain in Santa Clara

Great to see SCV and Crown still making jumps up in score. Will be a very competitive year, since both now have a few days in order to clean, tweak, and add changes before their next show. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Yeah, show went on. Vanguard always has great people working their shows...Really nice and friendly. Need a better stadium though...

Alls I know is, when Vanguard hits the company front in "I Dreamed a Dream" at Finals, there will be much rejoicing and throwing of babies. This is the Les Mis show we've all been waiting 25+ years to see. This is balls-out drum corps.

9129773254_5b83609589_b.jpg

• Like 4

Alls I know is, when Vanguard hits the company front in "I Dreamed a Dream" at Finals, there will be much rejoicing and throwing of babies. This is the Les Mis show we've all been waiting 25+ years to see. This is balls-out drum corps.

Amen to that. I'm glad my 1-year old wasn't with me last night or he might have learned to fly.

• Like 2

Anyone else notice how tight the spreads were in Musical Analysis at both Sacramento and Santa Clara? The Mandarins aren't even 2 points behind the leaders, from two different (veteran) DCI judges (Ken Turner and Mike Rubino). I'm thinking this is a sign of the Mandarins having a simpler show (relatively speaking) that's cleaner at this point but with less room to grow. Other explanations?

Yeah, show went on. Vanguard always has great people working their shows...Really nice and friendly. Need a better stadium though...

9129773254_5b83609589_b.jpg

Loved every second of this show last night. A Hrothgar’s Dream, Part Dos. :)

Did you make it okay? Did you have a great time?

Yes I did and I had an absolute blast, thanks! I felt nary a drop of rain so it all turned out for the best. I posted my combined review on Stanford and Pacific Procession in the reviews section.

I am a cold-weather type so for the cold-weather lovers that performed in the cool Bay Area this year, good luck in the searing heat of the rest of the country! I don't think I'd be able to survive that.

Oh and sunblock, wear LOTS of sunblock.

As in Les Miserables, "A little fall of rain/Can hardly hurt me now" Oh that part made me so sad in the musical. :-(

Edited by NeutralNovice