Best Opener 2013

Best Opener 2013  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the best opener or best first 2 minutes

Besides Crown's show being possibly one of the top 10 shows ever to be performed by a drum corps, their opener is ridiculous and ranks among the top ever. The rest of these aren't even close. Bluecoats is probably 2nd, but not even in the same area code.

• Like 2

My vote goes to BK- enthralling opener

Just saw that I can delete my vote and vote again. I think it would be interesting to keep this thread going for the season and see if/how people's votes/opinions change over the course of the summer.

Yeah, why not? Great idea!

I think people may also change their votes after the season gets rolling, so the shows can be seen live instead of the FN or Youtube.

BD's opener is pretty freakin' awesome in my mind.

Me being a fan of the original Rite of Spring and the original (re)Rite of Spring Jazz album, it's easily my favorite! Plus that Snare break during the eight note phrase? TOO AWESOME.

Although Crown's rendition of the 2001: A Space Odessey fanfare is also INCREDIBLE.

I haven't seen any shows, so I'll just say BK.

My answer might change after DatR.

Not Likely :doh:

• Like 1

I say Bluecoats but like in 2011, it's almost too good. These shows seems to have a hard time keeping up with the awesome beginnings through the rest of the show.

I think Vanguard, Bluecoats, Spirit, Cadets, and Troopers all have fantastic openings! I voted for Vanguard, though.

Crown's show I like, but the opener is... meh. I mean, yes, I love me some awesome brass on ASZ, but mashed up with EotB, it's just no match for their 2010 opening with Mahler 2, which is, I think, Crown's best opener.

I agree, that Crown 2010 opener was jaw dropping power..

Edited by newjerseycorpguy