New Haven Nook

Bumping this with the show having started, if anyone's there to give updates...

The Yale University Marching Band was supposed to put on an exhibition at this DCI show in New Haven, Ct. But they had to cancel out at the last minute. The unit's ascots, knickers & top hats were not back from the cleaners in time. :smile:

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

good news is rain went to west of the show and everything is a go - so we should get scores at some point tonight

wonder if Cadets break 80? and how the spreads are between the corps - lots of competition at this one for sure...

7:32 Spartans

7:49 Raiders

8:06 7th Regiment

8:23 INT

8:43 Surf

9:00 Bluecoats

9:17 Cadets

9:34 Phantom

9:51 Boston

Surf follows INT tonite, and from recent feedback on DCP, Surf is way cooler & funnier than INT now.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

A blank grid for the recap was up on the DCI website earlier today for this show. As the scores are tabulated, they are being uploaded to the grid. Open class corps, Surf, and Bluecoats scores have been posted but ordinals not necessarily correct.

Is this a first ? I don't ever recall scores being posted at local shows before the end of the shows. Years ago, at Prelims, Corps would get their scores after judges had tabulated them and given them to the runners to be posted. But I don't recall scores being posted like this at local shows. Anybody else know of local shows having scores posted like this ? I guess I'm ok with it, although fans at the show might have a different take, who knows.

Edited by BRASSO