Salem Saloon

It is outrageous. How could they improve that much to even get a score higher than the Madison Scouts. Judges...what the heck are you doing out there?

Maybe, just maybe... The Cavaliers are improving during the season as they are known to do? With reduced panels, the numbers are going to be weird for a while. Take every score with a grain of salt until Minneapolis.

• Like 1

It is outrageous. How could they improve that much to even get a score higher than the Madison Scouts. Judges...what the heck are you doing out there?

When other corps scores improve, they deserve it. When Cavies scores go up, its impossible, a conspiracy I tell ya. LOL, sarcasm off.

I'm all smiles. What makes me even happier are that the performance scores are no where near the content scores. That tells me, they have lots of room for improvment and development.

FYI, that score is almost 5 points higher than this time last year. Still think their missing finals????

• Like 5

Take every score with a grain of salt until Minneapolis.

Oh stop it.. don't go acting smart and saavy on DCP like this on us or you'll scare too many people off from here, damitt. :sarcasm:

Edited by BRASSO

When other corps scores improve, they deserve it. When Cavies scores go up, its impossible, a conspiracy I tell ya. LOL, sarcasm off.

I'm all smiles. What makes me even happier are that the performance scores are no where near the content scores. That tells me, they have lots of room for improvment and development.

FYI, that score is almost 5 points higher than this time last year. Still think their missing finals????

Exactly my thoughts... comparing scores from last season at the 6th show last year The Cavaliers got a 70.3 and at tonight they got a 75.4. That is a 5.1 improvement from last year. VERY proud of them tonight! :thumbup:

Exactly my thoughts... comparing scores from last season at the 6th show last year The Cavaliers got a 70.3 and at tonight they got a 75.4. That is a 5.1 improvement from last year. VERY proud of them tonight! :thumbup:/>/>/>/>

Raise you hand here if you belive that its possible that the Cavs... that are off until their next show this Friday... could practice like nobody's business the next 4 days, do a better performance on Friday than tonite, yet have their scores either go down or be flat lined ? And people will scratch their heads on Friday nite and ask.. " but how can this be " ? Yet its been explained to them on numerous occasions on here re. panel size, captions, mix of corps, etc.

That said, the spreads in the head to head matchups do have some value, and to that extent, the Cavs had a good nite as they opened up a bit of a spread over the Spirit tonite with the 5 person, partial panel.

Edited by BRASSO

Raise you hand here if you belive that its possible that the Cavs... that are off until their next show this Friday... could practice like nobody's business the next 4 days, do a better performance on Friday than tonite, yet have their scores either go down or be flat lined ? And people will scratch their heads on Friday nite and ask.. " but how can this be " ? Yet its been explained to them on numerous occasions on here.

Is it possible that you might have a time machine? :sarcasm:

But seriously, anything is still possible. I am just proud that the corps I cheer for is doing better that's all :bigsmile:

• Like 2

Is it possible that you might have a time machine? :sarcasm:/>/>

No.. a flux Capaciter would be awesome to have however, imo

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

1372650327[/url]' post='3277348']

Scouts reign! Cavaliers show doesn't come close.

Nope

1372650401[/url]' post='3277351']

Cavaliers show is cooler

June scores never really matter, except as progress reports on how the corps' winters and springs went.

That sounds reasonable, but so does the adage I read a couple weeks ago, about how corps' seasons are won or lost in the winter--i.e., that these scores as progress reports are predictive to some degree. Nobody thinks Cascades have a shot at catching Crown, for instance, but if the scores meant nothing (particularly for those two corps who have not yet appeared at the same show), that wouldn't be a reasonable prediction. I'm not up for another debate with BRASSO, so someone else should look back and see what has been the largest placement gap ever overcome between, say, the end of June and championships. Anything wider than that gap is what June can be safely said to predict.