Why are the East coast scores Lower?

What are you basing this off of?

Subjective.

I subjectively assume he's correct. I assume that it's Crown-BD-Cadets right now, with BD and Cadets 1-1.5 down from Crown. *shrug*

What are you basing this off of?

Subjective based on my experience and watching the VODs on the Fan Network. Blue Devils' and Crown's shows are more "complete" now than Cadets. Cadets have some structural issues with the music arrangements in the back half of their show that are really limiting and confusing the effects they are trying to achieve. The performers are there, it's simply something for the design staff to fix and clarify, which I am confident they can do.

Honestly, I don't think the scores are that far off. No way the cavies and scouts are ahead of BLOO right now, but other than that, I think things are pretty spot on. Crown is killing it this year -- maybe one of the top 10 shows ever, nothing surprising there.

Really ?

The corps out east are mainly packed in the middle of the ratings with a couple of top-level outliers. The corps out west are either extremely high scorers or typically low-scorers, with nothing in the middle. Going from Mandarins and Pacific Crest to Crown and Blue Devils is a big leap in both design complexity and execution skill. So without a few middle-scoring corps in the mix, the gap the judges put in will have to be completely subjective, and will probably be smaller than it "should" be just because scores themselves are completely subjective, even the spreads, and only apply to a given show.

This I Believe...

I'd say Crown and BD are probably both cleaner than The Cadets, so there is probably some spread in there.

This will not matter in 4 weeks. Once the Cadets fix their ending and clean up the ensemble disaster that is the second piece, they could easily win.

I'd say Crown and BD are probably both cleaner than The Cadets, so there is probably some spread in there.

This will not matter in 4 weeks. Once the Cadets fix their ending and clean up the ensemble disaster that is the second piece, they could easily win.

IMO, I don't think anyone is going to "easily win." I think it's going to be very competitive right into finals night.

Garry in Vegas

IMO, I don't think anyone is going to "easily win." I think it's going to be very competitive right into finals night.

Garry in Vegas

Well, yeah. My point is that The Cadets' show is right in the mix, as opposed to other years when you see it and know right off the bat, "Nope. No shot."

Honestly, I don't think the scores are that far off. No way the cavies and scouts are ahead of BLOO right now, but other than that, I think things are pretty spot on. Crown is killing it this year -- maybe one of the top 10 shows ever, nothing surprising there.

I agree what you said about Scouts and Cavaliers being ahead of Bluecoats. The Bluecoats have gone head to head with Scouts and Cavies a few times this year and had a pretty decent spread each time. It was once they went their separate ways that these scores went in different directions. But as many say, we'll all see the truth once we get to the regionals.

why are the east coast scores so much lower?

Global Warming.

Garry in Vegas

TOTALLY agree! Top 3 will be very competitive and the next 3 as well. And the bunch around the 9-14th place could get extremely dicey.