Cadets CYO show

No seriously i love the guy. So much character and love his accent. Spaaaahtins Youuuuuu may enter the field for cahhmpetition.

• Like 1

There are judges older than him judging DCI shows today, and judging for longer than he's been announcing for shows, and we're complaining about this announcer being too old to ANNOUNCE a show ?

Man, thats too funny... lol!

Where in my post did I complain about how old he is? His age has nothing to do with what I was talking about. I was mainly talking about his lack of setting up the excitement for a show. Brandt Crocker is the better one IMO. I really get excited for a show when he announces it.

• Like 1

No seriously i love the guy. So much character and love his accent. Spaaaahtins Youuuuuu may enter the field for cahhmpetition.

He's the most annoying announcer ever. Folks in the stands all around me groaning - wishing it would end.

• Like 1

Where in my post did I complain about how old he is? His age has nothing to do with what I was talking about. I was mainly talking about his lack of setting up the excitement for a show. Brandt Crocker is the better one IMO. I really get excited for a show when he announces it.

Brandt Crocker has a nice growling voice, but I think the announcer I've enjoyed listening to most was Fran Haring at last year's DCA Finals.

He's the most annoying announcer ever. Folks in the stands all around me groaning - wishing it would end.

I am one of them. I don't care if it's an unpopular opinion or if I get neg rep'd. Go ahead.

I have NO problem with him at all; I have a problem with his announcing style. The guy is a staple in the northeast performing arts scene, has been doing this for a very long time, and by all accounts that I've heard, he's a great guy who really cares about the activity. But I can't for the life of me understand why he doesn't just stick to a typical announcing script in what is a TIMED activity with units depending on timing being consistent across shows. Also, if it's not clear by the diminishing audience participation (which I've witnessed declining for the past 15-20 years), the "YOU" shtick is getting very old.

Some corps have apparently already asked for him to abandon his typical announcement to get their pre-shows in... why not just allow all corps that same courtesy?

Edited by Musicman1084

Never had a problem with him during my Northeast tour. Adds a unique charm that I appreciate as different but equally enjoyable to the Brandt Crockers and Fran Harings.

That being said, I'd be interested in seeing what would happen if SCV 2011 were to have done northeast tour.

Paul Cain is a national treasure.

and we all know how that movie turned out!

I know he announces at the two BAC shows in Massachusetts (CYO and East Coast Classic), Beanpot, Mission drums (DCA) and Bristol. My guess is he also does Connecticut Drums. These shows are known as much for their reunion like atmosphere as their slate of corps and he adds to the atmosphere. ...

Nope, since Connecticut Drums is annually held WEST of I-91, that places it in NY Yankee territory and no Bahston accents allowed. Bronx cheers, yes. Red Sox, no. YOU now understand why the Crusaders have prudently asked annually for veteran drum corps announcer Ace Holleran of Bridgeport, CT fame to handle the microphone. He's got his own schtick. Needs a haircut too.

• Like 1

Yeah this guy was a dce classic.

There were a lot of DCI judges doing a roast on him at this 90 th birthday a few years back. He seems like a likable fellow. :laughing: