Minneapolis predictions

Slim chance that Boston will beat Scouts this year!

It usually doesn't happen until Atlanta, so I guess we will just have to wait and see. I think the Scouts could remain ahead with some major re-writes of the last 3rd of their show.

Historically speaking, your scores are about 2 points too low for this show.

No way Boston will beat Scouts this year. No way!

• Like 1

What are you smoking? The Scouts are on fire this year. Probably their best show since 2005.

AMEN

• Like 3

I take no joy in the fact that the Scouts have another show that does not live up to their potential. But for the last 3 years they have dropped in the standings between June and August. Both Cavies and Boston have better, more challenging programs this year.

That is not going to happen this year. What do you mean that the Scouts have a show that doesn't live up to their potential? Their drill looks awfully demanding to me! And the only reason they dropped last year is because of the SLOTTING! They were in 6th place after San Antonio, and then MYSTERIOUSLY, the Cavaliers and Boston moved ahead of them for the balance of the season. Gee judges...could you be any more transparent?????

Edited by Magbo
  • Like 2

What are you smoking? The Scouts are on fire this year. Probably their best show since 2005.

Scouts weak??????? Totally off base. I agree that the Scouts are on fire this year. They are intense and have a much stronger corps than last year or the year before. Whoever is making the comment that they are weak is obviously not listening to their horn line, percussion, or watching their guard. They are one of the strongest corps in all of DCI this year. Let's hope the judging is fair this year. If it is, the Scouts should move up to at least 6.

Edited by Magbo
  • Like 3

A few years ago Madison was in a similar position. They had not seen BK and were on top of Boston. Scores were fairly high for Madison and though they had not seen BK and the western corps I got berated for suggesting that Madison might be in a fight down the road... That was 2011 and BK beat Madison in finals week even though they had been in fire! Now I think Madison is better now, but its not unthinkable to suggest that Boston, Cavies or BK will be competing against Madison down the stretch. People can berate me and others for saying it, but Madison can be beaten. I don't think they'll beat Bloo or Phantom and SCV is in another league so 7-9 is more a reality. That doesn't mean I and others won't enjoy the Scouts... Just that they're not invincible.

• Like 3

Due to performance order based on last season, I predict the top 12 corps from finals will be the same top 12 in MN (with only a couple position changes).

Unfortunate, but probable. TX week is when we'll start seeing the real charges (& changes) occur.

Edited by loopin' froot loops

A few years ago Madison was in a similar position. They had not seen BK and were on top of Boston. Scores were fairly high for Madison and though they had not seen BK and the western corps I got berated for suggesting that Madison might be in a fight down the road... That was 2011 and BK beat Madison in finals week even though they had been in fire! Now I think Madison is better now, but its not unthinkable to suggest that Boston, Cavies or BK will be competing against Madison down the stretch. People can berate me and others for saying it, but Madison can be beaten. I don't think they'll beat Bloo or Phantom and SCV is in another league so 7-9 is more a reality. That doesn't mean I and others won't enjoy the Scouts... Just that they're not invincible.

Only thing is that the only good part about their 2011 show was Empire State of Mind

• Like 1