I might just become a drum corps fan again! almost...

If they can someday shake off this vestige of what was and humanize the entire package, I'm sold. It's exciting, superman stuff, but it comes across most that way if we see that these are indeed real people, not pseudo soldiers or robots.

They are indeed either "Superman", (Superwoman), or " indeed real people ". But the show is for the most part unappealing to me. BUT, different strokes for different folks, and thats why ice cream makers make more than 1 flavor of ice cream ! :bigsmile:/>

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

They are indeed either "Superman", (Superwoman), or " indeed real people ". But the show is for the most part unappealing to me. BUT, different strokes for different folks, and thats why ice cream makers make more than 1 flavor of ice cream ! :bigsmile:/>/>

I don't have to settle for vanilla? Where are these magical flavors available?

• Like 2

Holy crap... Was just watching some rehearsal footage of BD 2013 and was really struck by how they have used the changes that so many have beefed about, including myself at times, to morph drum corps it into something amazing again. This show is a game changer. But, what got me most was seeing it out of uniform, in human terms, just people doing amazing things. The shakos, rifles, and other pseudo military gear seem even more hugely out of place in this reincarnation of drum corps. If they can someday shake off this vestige of what was and humanize the entire package, I'm sold. It's exciting, superman stuff, but it comes across most that way if we see that these are indeed real people, not pseudo soldiers or robots. Either way, this show is a true creative and performance feat and it's pretty awesome.

Your "issues" might be better dealt with other than on a impersonal computer thread. I hope you can work them out.

• Like 1

Within the past hour, I watched both Blue Devils and Carolina Crown's performances from Walnut on Fan Network. They are quite different from each other, but each is totally awesome. Each is bringing something different to the table and bringing their own approach to the activity. With all the other variety I've seen thus far via Fan Network, this is bound to be an exciting season to observe unfold.

• Like 4

I'm just surprised that if you like BD 2013 so much why you didn't like previous BD performances since they are all in the same vain. Did you stop becoming a fan because prrformances weren't like BD 2013? Are you the opposite if a Dino and some new age progressive that stopped enjoying dum corps because it wasn't progressive enough? LOL!

• Like 1

Oh Hell if an ex-Thunder Buzzard :tongue: thinks it's worth a look, I'd better check that vid link thread again. Now all I need is some spare time in 12 minutes chunks. :sad:

It is interesting you put it this way about seeing it out of uniform.

To me, it is kind of difficult to absorb the 'Rite of Spring' theme, which seems intrinsically bound to nature, in the context of electric blue uniforms and bright white tetherball poles, which look anything but natural. But maybe that is what they are going for, to represent the ancient and natural in a modern and artificial context. Is the theme explained anywhere in detail.

I think it would have been cool for them to have a different look this one year, something more natural like light (sky) blue uniforms and silvery brown and cream colored poles. I'm sure that is going to sound crazy to some people, but what is dcp for if not to unintentionally entertain?

• Like 1

I don't have to settle for vanilla? Where are these magical flavors available?

Lots of places. For example, at most DCI shows, they can be found at Int.

Edited by BRASSO

I'm just surprised that if you like BD 2013 so much why you didn't like previous BD performances since they are all in the same vain. Did you stop becoming a fan because prrformances weren't like BD 2013? Are you the opposite if a Dino and some new age progressive that stopped enjoying dum corps because it wasn't progressive enough? LOL!

Lol. +1 for DCP humor :colgate:

• Like 1