Which of the following corps has the best chance to surge and win it a

122 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following corps has the best chance to surge and win it all this year? Excluding BD, Crown, and Cadets

SCV. But definitely counting out Phantom. They have excellent music and visual design. I see them a contender for another medal. My dark dark horse would be Scouts

If anyone knows, can a more defined story with characters and props add that much more to a score?

I sure as helll don't "know", but they can easily add props and characters. Barricade, a battle scene complete with gun fire, musket smoke, etc. They can easily "kill" more characters in one finals performance than Phantom has in their total existence!

• Like 1

Nice poll. I was thinking of something along the same order.

The only variation might have been to allow for ALL the corps which might have a chance to take first, in other words, how many championship shows are there? Most would agree with BD, Crown and Cadets, but is there more than just one more that is worthy of that discussion?

The reason I ask is because last year early on I though there were only 3. Vanguard's show in its final form definitely won me over as adding one more to the "championship show" level, and I tell you, Bluecoats final version was my all time favorite show from them.

I can see both SCV and Phantom having championship level shows this year.

The only variation might have been to allow for ALL the corps which might have a chance to take first, in other words, how many championship shows are there? Most would agree with BD, Crown and Cadets, but is there more than just one more that is worthy of that discussion?

The reason I ask is because last year early on I though there were only 3. Vanguard's show in its final form definitely won me over as adding one more to the "championship show" level, and I tell you, Bluecoats final version was my all time favorite show from them.

I can see both SCV and Phantom having championship level shows this year.

A favorite show is not the same thing as a championship show - most years, the fan favorite does not win, and indeed doesn't have the design/performance levels required to win.

I see a lot of 2013 shows that are going to be popular: SCV, Phantom, Scouts, etc. But none of those shows are plausible candidates to win.

Took all of my feeble Shaolin skills to imagine Crown *not* winning..... BUT

I think the best design in that bunch may be the Bluecoats. Whether the performers and the staff can bring that design to its full potential is another thing entirely. But there are *really* cool ideas throughout that show. I suspect Bluecoats could surprise a lot folks by the time they reach finals.

Vanguard is this years '08 Regiment. They're led by a very strong percussion and great show design. They'll put in their real ending about San Antonio time and by finals will surge for sure. Crowns probably got the gold as long as they keep cleaning.

I sure as helll don't "know", but they can easily add props and characters. Barricade, a battle scene complete with gun fire, musket smoke, etc. They can easily "kill" more characters in one finals performance than Phantom has in their total existence!

I hope you're right! Having that would be epic!

I voted Bluecoats, though my heart would be with the person who suggested BAC who will surge this year, of that I have no doubt but I'm not sure it will be to first place, but I'm not sure SCV has to "surge" to win unless Cadets turn out to be the front runners, which could be possible. While my hunch is it could be Crown's year, at least at this point, I think we will see Crown, BD, Cadets, and SCV trade victories back and forth, so if SCV wins it wouldn't necessarily be a "surge." A surge for me would need to be a dark horse so I picked Bluecoats.