Nokesville, VA UPDATE

Due to excessive rains that have hit the area over the week, the field wasn't getting time to drain. One side was not draining properly. Shenandoah Sound staff and DCA were hoping that the show could still go, and maybe a few days of sun would help,but after talking with the Athletic director and others at the facility, it was decided to do a standstill only. this was also for the safety of the performers as well as not destroying the field!

Well-said, Vic. This was a good call.

The rain in the Mid-Atlantic area... this part of Virginia included... has been virtually non-stop the past week or so.

I'd be surprised if any grass field in the area is in shape for anything right now.

Turned out to be a very nice evening in Nokesville!

Hats off to the corps for being there and doing exhibition performances for the audience. :thumbup: These were all standstill performances, due to the shaky condition of the field.

Tampa Bay Thunder, Sun Devils, Carolina Gold, Fusion Core, Shenandoah Sound... all of them brought some good stuff to the table. A fun night.

I guess the Lake Shoremen missed this show ? I looked on there web page they where also doing 1 parade in the area the 4th i guess to help cover the cost of the trip.Although i think more parades would have helped with the cost for all corps making the trip.

I guess the Lake Shoremen missed this show ? I looked on there web page they where also doing 1 parade in the area the 4th i guess to help cover the cost of the trip.Although i think more parades would have helped with the cost for all corps making the trip.

The parades don't even come close to covering the cost of taking a corps a couple thousand miles for a couple of days. Trucks, buses, fuel, food, etc.

The parades don't even come close to covering the cost of taking a corps a couple thousand miles for a couple of days. Trucks, buses, fuel, food, etc.

No they do not.

We have had this discussion on DCP before.

When you are a out of NE corps its a little different situation. You have to make a decidition in your budget early on in the season about what shows you are going to do and fund raise accordingly for them and factor in travel expenses to out of area shows. Out of area shows are just a way of life for non NE corps. It goes with the geographical teritority. Always will be that way in DCA.

If a parade could be found that offers a "net" of 20k.....that may do the trick.